WTB: CF-4s, ship or drivable from Minneapolis

bpplaysguitar

4 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1903941706410048/

Not sure why they switched the drivers.

Ooooh. Exciting to see a much lower price, but oak is my least favorite finish and I'm not sure if I should go with non-original drivers, and a 13 hour round trip. Don't get me wrong, for a set that feels like THE RIGHT set, I'd drive that, but seeing as I won't have my own living room for 6 or 12 months, I feel like I have time to wait for THE RIGHT set. 

2 minutes ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Ooooh. Exciting to see a much lower price, but oak is my least favorite finish and I'm not sure if I should go with non-original drivers, and a 13 hour round trip. Don't get me wrong, for a set that feels like THE RIGHT set, I'd drive that, but seeing as I won't have my own living room for 6 or 12 months, I feel like I have time to wait for THE RIGHT set. 

the ad is 22 weeks old ,  could be sold  already

2 hours ago, geoff. said:

Probably fried the originals

Every now and then an OEM shows up for sale

Wouldn’t want to wait for two of them, lol

there is no replacement part for the diaphragm of the Original drivers -  the EV is the only backup

18 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

if you say so ,  do you own a CF-4

if i say so??  LOL!  not trying to argue with you, just stating the fact that cf4 dont sell for more because they are newer, they sell for more because they are the better speaker & much harder to find.  if a pair of cf4 were made in 1995 & a pair of ch2 were made in 1995,  are they the same age or no? if cf4 are 1-3 years newer than ch2, are they the same basic age?  do the math & let me know...

do i own a cf4?  no, i owned a pair of them & a pair of cf3, sold the cf4 for K-horns & the cf3 to a friend that wanted them ... did you see my profile pic?    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

The dude came down $200 bucks.  He's now asking $1600. Getting closer.  Perhaps, an offer of $1400, shipping included, might be put to him, to see if he bites.

I messaged him but we'll see if he can move much. It would take a good bit of negotiation to get me to bite so far in advance of when I'll need them. I have plenty of time to watch for nice deals. I'm realistic - I do expect to cross the $1000 mark, but hopefully not by a whole lot. I have about $700 earmarked from selling some smaller Martin Logans and bookshelf Bang & Olufsens. In fact, I should do a post about my path to Klipsch. Some fun photos from this fall/winter.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1903941706410048/

Not sure why they switched the drivers.

"upgrades"...   those have been for sale for a long time,  i talked with her about 5-6 months ago & asked about the drivers & she just sent me a link to them thats now pictured in the ad. sounded like she doesnt know too much about them, probably got them in a divorce. 

2 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

I messaged him but we'll see if he can move much. It would take a good bit of negotiation to get me to bite so far in advance of when I'll need them. I have plenty of time to watch for nice deals. I'm realistic - I do expect to cross the $1000 mark, but hopefully not by a whole lot. I have about $700 earmarked from selling some smaller Martin Logans and bookshelf Bang & Olufsens. In fact, I should do a post about my path to Klipsch. Some fun photos from this fall/winter.

You can also keep an eye out for  the KLF-30 ,   all the parts of the speaker are available   woofers-mids-horns-tweeters  ,  whereas the CF -4 HF driver has no replacement diaphragm available , and is nowhere to be found     - 

The  EV Drivers for the CF-4 are by the way phenomenal  and literally bullet--proof , do not shy away of a CF-4 with EV drivers since the diaphragm is readily available , and if the price of the speakers is cheaper , so much for the better  since these drivers cost at least 200$ each  -

8 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I would have really liked to hear your opinion on the CF-4  -

just now seeing this, had your original post quoted for the reply but lost it.  i just wanted to clarify the age/sale price thing.  sorry for any confusion on either of our parts. 

believe it or not, i sold the K-horns, actually had 2 pairs of them down in a small basement, sold the 2nd pair to a member on here a couple years ago.  personally, for my system & room & cost savings, i would have rather kept the cf4s especially if they were cherry or walnut, or maybe its mahogany for the cf's?  K-horns are great & one of my first experiences with klipsch as a 13 year old kid.  i know many people will disagree with this (but many also agree) the K-horns were just too unbalanced with overpowering mid horns for me with my type of music using higher power mid-fi SS gear.  also way too finicky, with recordings that sound fine on other speakers in the same room & same system.  i know the gear & room is to blame for much of that but i dont have the budget or desire for tubes & high end gear.  i currently have chorus 2 with dual SVS subs in place of the Khorns & that setup sounds much more balanced & easier to listen to at all volume levels.  at another time in another house i may own them again.  

my opinion on the cf4s is they sounded great in my basement room of 21x14 with 7.5' drop style ceiling, & they were excellent in a smaller upstairs living room on a 100wpc onkyo AVR, very good bass with no subs & no unbalaced tonal issues.  mine were version 2, black finish in 9 out of 10 shape with the original shipping boxes, i had them shipped via fedex back in early 2000's, bought on ebay for $500 & cost $150 to ship both.  i had them for just over 15 years on a few different systems & they never disappointed.     

• Like 2