WTB: CF-4s, ship or drivable from Minneapolis

bpplaysguitar

2 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Okay everyone. Since I'm new, I'd appreciate some perspective from those who have been here long enough to know how rare/not rare it is to find good condition, (pretty sure) version 1 CF-4s. I've been talking to the guy, and it seems like he would actually let them go lower than his ad. They are far away. However, I have some connections in the area where he is, and I have friends who sometimes drive between here and there so there's a good chance I could have a friend grab them on their next trip.

Is a great condition, version 1 set of CF-4s at a (not steal but) fair price something to really go out of my way to get? Or given 6 months, will I see a few more? Since there was a set listed at the time I found out about CF-4s, I have to assume there might be another when I'm ready to move to a house and use big speakers again.

If anyone who definitely won't try to snag them out from under me wants to chat about the details, send me a message.

10 minutes ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Nice. I'm happy to wait for something easier to grab, close to that price point, especially since anything I buy before I move into my own place will just sit unused anyway. Thanks for the spiritual CF-4 guidance.

Probably a smart move. Just have to be patient.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Done, but not sure that's the problem.

When you go to that page (from my phone, it is previous page to this) it does go very slow,.takes incredible amount of time to load page, etc.

Thanks for deleting that.

I expect an ordinary Klipsch page to load in a few seconds at most with my 200 Mb internet. 

After I did a cut and paste out of my spreadsheet I realized I not only copied the 50 cells which had data in them, the copy process I used Selected ALL the cells in that row the spreadsheet can handle.  I said a 1000 empty cells but it's probably closer to 16,000.  It took about 3 minutes to load my defective post, the same amount to save after a minor change.

FYI all the other posts in that thread load in a second or two, just what I would expect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Dude, thank you for alerting me to this set that was so quickly pending sale by 7am the next day. There may be...some updates on this developing story. That's all I can say for now. More to come.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Dude, thank you for alerting me to this set that was so quickly pending sale by 7am the next day. There may be...some updates on this developing story. That's all I can say for now. More to come.

Yea Wuzzer, and a few others are very helpful at spending your money 😀 Nice score, hope you get them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think some of you have caught up in the other thread, but here's the update:

wuzzzer shared that link with me for the ones in Minnesota, but by 7am the next morning, they were pending sale. That prompted me to do a quick search, as I do once or twice a week, for other sets within 500 miles on Marketplace. And what do you know? A near-mint set in Illinois posted a week ago - they can't still be up for grabs. I sent a message, expecting to hear that they had been sold, but a few minutes later I got a response that they were still available. Long story short I left Minneapolis at 10am, met up with him after work at 5:30, saw a lot of amazing gear in his house, packed up my new haul and got home at 1:45am.

Edited by bpplaysguitar
  • Like 4