Center speaker for my klipsch belles?

Ike13lol

I have a pair of klipsch belles that I love! Amazing for my music listening.When I listen to movies I still use them and they do a decent job because they are amazing

Thinking of picking up a center speaker? Will it help? I hear 2 chsnnel doesn't do a good job of replicating a center but these aren't your typical walmart speakers lol Which one would match it best? 504c? Rc64iii?

20201229_095524.jpg

Edited by Ike13lol
Because
  • Like 1

I can relate to your wanting a center channel. Having a matching center for a set of klf-30s (klf-c7) and then trying to listen with a pair of LaScalas without a center I find it sorely lacking. Bad enough that I will keep the klf setup dedicated to HT duty since there is no chance of being able to use a full size speaker in that position.

• Like 1

Heresy minimum, do not use a reference speaker it will stick out like a sore thumb and not timbre' match at all.  A Heresy HIP is a prefect choice because it matches the efficiency of the Belle and will be able to keep up.  Just put up a wanted to buy ad for a single or turn a standard one into an HIP with an HIE crossover network and a Klipsch K-42 or equivalent woofer and rear porting.  See Claude's Super Heresy thread.

23 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

Heresy minimum, do not use a reference speaker it will stick out like a sore thumb and not timbre' match at all.  A Heresy HIP is a prefect choice because it matches the efficiency of the Belle and will be able to keep up.  Just put up a wanted to buy ad for a single or turn a standard one into an HIP with an HIE crossover network and a Klipsch K-42 or equivalent woofer and rear porting.  See Claude's Super Heresy thread.

Mine is a version of Claude's Super. The only original HIP parts is the trim. This one has a front slot port which makes positioning a little easier.

19 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Multi channel for movies, tv, videos have about 90% of it's content coming through the center channel. I'd say get the best center you can. An RC64lll would sound great with those Belle's! 

No it wouldn't it is a total tonal mismatch, what the hell you talkin bout Willis!

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

No it wouldn't it is a total tonal mismatch, what the hell you talkin bout Willis!

My brother calls me Willis!

I think an RC64lll would sound better in a home theater than a Heresy between those Belles. Now if he's listening to multi channel music, the Heresy would do better. Some content has very little even going to the mains. The center and a sub can shine. Just yesterday, I watched part of a movie with just the center and sub, I'm amazed how good it sounded.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rod Sheridan said:

I am using an RP-404CW as the center speaker with a pair of Lascala's.

It was a big improvement for watching movies and the speaker is small enough to go under the TV.........Rod.

That is excellent. The towers just receive a sprinkle of use compared to the center, especially with dialogue.

A center and sub are the priorities.