Cornwall IV & Klipschorn AK6

Loudogp250

Six years ago I purchased a pair of Forte 1's from an awesome forum member @Woofers and Tweeters   The speakers were a little rough so I got a great deal then took some time doing my best to restore to cabinets while also replacing the crossovers and diaphragms with Bob Crites components. I have enjoyed my Forte's for over 6 years but after updating my HT I have been thinking of doing the same for 2ch. Today I had the opportunity of visiting a Heritage Dealer in Dayton, Ohio. I demoed the Heresy IV, Cornwall IV, and the Klipschorn AK6. The Heresy IV sounded good to my ear but sounded small compared to my fortes. Now the Cornwall's were great. I had an emotional experience listening to the Cornwall. It was amazing. I can't recall ever experiencing this while listening to music. I did listen to the Klipschorn which sounded even bigger than the Cornwall but lacked the "magic" of the Cornwall. The dealer did state that the Klipschorns had just arrived and were not set up properly. I just wanted to share my experience with you,

Looks like I will be replacing my fortes with the Cornwall, Klipschorn, or possibly a pair of Jubilee's if I can find someone willing to let me listen.

Cornwall full.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Loudogp250 said:

I had an emotional experience listening to the Cornwall. It was amazing. I can't recall ever experiencing this while listening to music.

Many years ago, it must have been the early 1980s, I went to a dealer to audition a pair of speakers. (They weren't Klipsch, but that's not the point.) The salesman sat me in the listening room alone, put an album on the turntable, and said, "I'll be back when the album side is over."

Twenty minutes later he re-entered the room and said, "How did you like the speakers?"

I responded, "Holy cow! I got so into the music that I forgot that I was supposed to be listening to the speakers." I bought them right then and there, and I still have them -- and still listen to them -- today.

The point is, when a loudspeaker gives you an emotional experience, go with it. It doesn't happen very often.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Loudogp250 said:

Six years ago I purchased a pair of Forte 1

The Forte are very balanced and sound great.

The speakers were a little rough so I got a great deal then took some time doing my best to restore to cabinets while also replacing the crossovers and diaphragms with Bob Crites components. I have enjoyed my Forte's for over 6 years but after updating my HT I have been thinking of doing the same for 2ch.

The great deal started upstream, in Florida. I bought those from @billybob along with some Tangent speakers and a Carver amp when he wanted to thin the herd. It was a 1,500 mile trip, and that was the second trek to his place. Previously, Billy grabbed a pair of OO Forte II for me and held them until I was able to take a vacation lol. Some great members on this forum.  

After meeting you, I knew that the Forte were going to a great home. I am glad that you were able to treat them to the refreshments that would bring them back to life. 

I had an emotional experience listening to the Cornwall. It was amazing. I can't recall ever experiencing this while listening to music.

Buy whatever you want, just make sure you do that before you visit here again. I'd hate for you to hear the MCM1900 before buying the Khorn or similar sounding bookshelf speakers.

😜

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Edgar said:

Many years ago, 

The point is, when a loudspeaker gives you an emotional experience, go with it. It doesn't happen very often.

"Audiophiles don't use their equipment to listen to your music. Audiophiles use your music to listen to their equipment."

Alan Parsons

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loudogp250 said:

Six years ago I purchased a pair of Forte 1's from an awesome forum member @Woofers and Tweeters   The speakers were a little rough so I got a great deal then took some time doing my best to restore to cabinets while also replacing the crossovers and diaphragms with Bob Crites components. I have enjoyed my Forte's for over 6 years but after updating my HT I have been thinking of doing the same for 2ch. Today I had the opportunity of visiting a Heritage Dealer in Dayton, Ohio. I demoed the Heresy IV, Cornwall IV, and the Klipschorn AK6. The Heresy IV sounded good to my ear but sounded small compared to my fortes. Now the Cornwall's were great. I had an emotional experience listening to the Cornwall. It was amazing. I can't recall ever experiencing this while listening to music. I did listen to the Klipschorn which sounded even bigger than the Cornwall but lacked the "magic" of the Cornwall. The dealer did state that the Klipschorns had just arrived and were not set up properly. I just wanted to share my experience with you,

Looks like I will be replacing my fortes with the Cornwall, Klipschorn, or possibly a pair of Jubilee's if I can find someone willing to let me listen.

Cornwall full.jpg

Are the CW grills different from each other? Or is it a light issue?