Klipsch Coming Out With A New Forte in 2021?

Mars1

I am in a great position to get a Forte III + cables  + interconnects + streamer Blue Sound + Power Conditioner for 4500.00 But: I heard that Klipsch supposed to come out with a new Forte in 2021. Does anyone know that this is fact or fiction? A second question reflects using a two channel as a "home theater": I like to primarily use my two channel for music listening, but I would also like to watch TV but I don't have a device with HDMI and don't want to use an optical connection (because I hear HDMI is far better for picture and sound). Also I don't want to use a separate AV processor or AVR, just my integrated or separates. Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mars1 said:

I am in a great position to get a Forte III + cables  + interconnects + streamer Blue Sound + Power Conditioner for 4500.00 But: I heard that Klipsch supposed to come out with a new Forte in 2021. Does anyone know that this is fact or fiction? A second question reflects using a two channel as a "home theater": I like to primarily use my two channel for music listening, but I would also like to watch TV but I don't have a device with HDMI and don't want to use an optical connection (because I hear HDMI is far better for picture and sound). Also I don't want to use a separate AV processor or AVR, just my integrated or separates. Thanks

Does your TV have audio out, maybe even RCA connectors? 2 channel out of tv to audio in on your pre-amp or receiver. What will power your Forte llls?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/195044-forte-iv/

as for your second question, if im understanding it right, you can use 2ch to listen to TV & movies but obviously it wont have the full 5 or 7 channels of audio.  just connect the audio output of the TV (if it has one) or the dvd player to an aux input of the preamp.  optic connections are for audio only, they dont carry video signals.  most modern tv's will have component inputs & dvd players have component outputs for video. should be able to make it work.   

• Like 1

Epic. Although I am really considering the Forte III's I am a bit torn with trying out the JBL Studio 590's as I hear great things about them too, but man that mid range on the Forte's..Mmm.

For powering: right now I have a vintage Mitusbishi DAA15DC dual mono block and it's separate preamp, but I was going to perhaps upgrade the pre with maybe a Schiit Freya plus tube, or maybe a Vincent tube. I also have a nice deal on a relatively new Sony TAA1ES amp: it is fully class A with 80W/8Ohm, my Mitsubishi is rated at 180 W/8Ohm, both have more than enough power. I am pretty new to all this stuff so I want to hold off going full tube amp, plus I heard tubes on preamps tend to last longer. I also been eyeballing either a Vincent SV237MK and SV500 integrated amps and a Luxman entry level model...I heard Yamaha with Klipsch and I was pretty surprised with the results, it was like East meets West and it was nice, but still I like the other options...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mars1 said:

I  I heard that Klipsch supposed to come out with a new Forte in 2021. Does anyone know that this is fact or fiction?

The Forte III is not that old , it's got the Mumps horn midrange -- but they got a Heresy IV and a Cornwall IV  , so a Forte IV would seem logical , but nothing yet , we''ll know more in Jan 2021 -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The Forte III is not that old , it's got the Mumps horn midrange -- but they got a Heresy IV and a Cornwall IV  , so a Forte IV would seem logical , but nothing yet , we''ll know more in Jan 2021 -

Mumps horn mids? That's the "dip" I see many reviews say they measured yes? Yet, why did it sound so damn good...Especially at low to low medium volume levels. And I "think" that's the kicker: they are amazing at low listening to mid listening levels, but just fall apart the louder you go.(?)

I am debating to perhaps hold off on the Forte III's and perhaps get the JBL Studio 590s and put the money I would have spent on the Forte's toward improving my front end gear, or at least expanding on it in preparation for getting the Klipsch when I get more info. Man this is a hard decision! Plus if I did this I could probably even get a small bedroom unit or a WISA 5.1 system. 

I heard the H IV's it was weird to hear sound coming from the floor. I am tempted to get them anyway and put them up high in the corners of the room and angle them facing down to the listening area...that's what movie theaters do anyway. (Remember Movies? LOL)

Those Cornwalls won't fit my space in the man cave, but upstairs they will. 

I am so curious if Klipsch would pair well with either Vincent Audio, Schiit Audio, or Raven or Quicksilver Audio. There is a really nice Sony TAA1ES class A amp that I beat would be nice with a tube pre with Klipsch. I think some Eastern Hifi companies paired with Klipsch are pretty darn good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wuzzzer said:

Mumps are referring to the design of the horn itself, not frequency response or measurements. 

LOL. Oh. OK. I do like the design anyway. And the sound, man those mids, just everything is sweet. I have a vintage AB amp that I would like to pair w/ a tube pre and I bet it'll be nice. But I am curious how a class A amp would be alone? Would pairing a class A with a tube pre be too warm? I mean especially if the amp already oozing that quality?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mars1 said:

Mumps horn mids? T

Here you go ---the picture of a MUMPS mids horn -   4  mumps along the Tractrix  horn  contours

-by the way , the Forte III has been coming down in price ,  last deals were around  2300$ for a pair , brand new B stock   which is under the cost of the Heresy IV

there are going to be tons of deals , whether new , used , or even  B  stock on these speakers , once the Forte IV  come into production , it will be the best time to pick up a pair -

K-510 horns ... driver recommendations? - Page 3 - Klipsch Pro Audio - The  Klipsch Audio Community

attachment.php?attachmentid=19827&stc=1&

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Your the man Ran!

Thanks.

I think it looks cool.

I beat ya that's the give away, when products start coming down in price: there's the potential of a new product on the horizon.

Have you ever upgraded your Klipsch speakers yourself? They seem easy to upgrade: like new crossovers, bracing, no res, etc. That's part of the appeal of them to me too, easy upgrades. When you want a new speaker just upgrade its design?

Peace

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mars1 said:

I beat ya that's the give away, when products start coming down in price: there's the potential of a new product on the horizon.

Have you ever upgraded your Klipsch speakers yourself? They seem easy to upgrade: like new crossovers, bracing, no res, etc. That's part of the appeal of them to me too, easy upgrades. When you want a new speaker just upgrade its design?

Peace

yep , once the New model comes in  , they clean up house at the Factory -out with the old new stuff -

most klipsch speakers are user-friendly , and the Heritage stuff is built like a tank  ,  by the way , I like your Class A amps , I've been using Classe amps for years , any Class A amp is great with klipsch speakers -   that Sony TAA1ES  is a beauty ,  Bro -

On 12/29/2020 at 11:39 PM, Mars1 said:

Forte IV shipping in January! 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 1:23 AM, Fido said:

I have heard rumors that new Fortes are possibly going to be introduced at CES - again - just rumors as I have zero insider information about anything.

You used to have insider information about lots of things, but retirement does not create more of it.

Yeah, the III already has all the new things. Mumps horn. New compression drivers and tweeter. Iirc Roy voiced it and did the crossover. I cant see where it can be improved into a IV so soon other than reworking the crossover with new compression driver, and tweeter. Doubt they'd make the jump from a 12" driver to 15" and I doubt they'd put the larger horn the cornwall currently uses

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sam S. said:

Heard -- Forte IV avail in Feb. MSRP 4500/PR.

Changes:

*Modern Riser

*New HF phase plug

*K72 Midrange

*New "steep slope cross over network"

48 minutes ago, Sam S. said:

Heard -- Forte IV avail in Feb. MSRP 4500/PR.

Changes:

*Modern Riser

*New HF phase plug

*K72 Midrange

*New "steep slope cross over network"

Ah!!! Thank You. There have been various replies on this subject. Perhaps I will wait before getting the awesome III's now. If accurate, I like the new changes. Peace.

Thanks Dude!

Hey don't knock the White Russian drink man...they're great....as long as you aren't lactose intolerant!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" sorry, this is the only quote that came to mind at this moment....BUT:

I do plan on saying this line later tonight:

"Careful man, there's a beverage here"

Happy, Safe, Healthy New Year Dude

• Like 1