Klipsch Coming Out With A New Forte in 2021?

Mars1

Currently own Heresy III , been very happy with them....went to listen to the Heresy IV next to the Forte III side by side.  I thought the Heresy IV sounded pretty good,  then I listened to the same material on the Forte III.   I ordered a pair of Forte IV.....will be a few month wait at this point but worth it I'm  sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubo said:

With the current Forte 3, what would you add, what would take away ?

The list from 2 to 3 was easy....

I am not sure what you mean: "the list from 2 to 3..." I guess you are referring to the list of gear you posted? Or are you referring to the speaker? If the speaker: I like to see a removing of the rear radiator, increasing the height to a nice 42 to 43 inches perhaps, maybe little less, but increased height nonetheless, better wood cabinet, better crossover components perhaps as well, and front ported: single, dual, triple. I guess with the front ports it'll be like the Corns and Chorus'. But that's what I like to see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve. said:

I ordered a pair of Forte IV..

Dude, you actually ordered Forte IV??? So they are being manufactured? So it wasn't rumor? This is so cool. Where did you order? I got to check w/ my dealer.

Thanks. This makes me happy. 

10 hours ago, Mars1 said:

I am not sure what you mean: "the list from 2 to 3..." I guess you are referring to the list of gear you posted? Or are you referring to the speaker? If the speaker: I like to see a removing of the rear radiator, increasing the height to a nice 42 to 43 inches perhaps, maybe little less, but increased height nonetheless, better wood cabinet, better crossover components perhaps as well, and front ported: single, dual, triple. I guess with the front ports it'll be like the Corns and Chorus'. But that's what I like to see.

What you describe would cease to be a forte, it’s now a chorus.

Out of all the changes you want, I’m not understanding the “better wood cabinet”. What’s wrong with the enclosure of that Forte III?

Shakey 

• Like 1

What you describe would cease to be a forte, it’s now a chorus.

Out of all the changes you want, I’m not understanding the “better wood cabinet”. What’s wrong with the enclosure of that Forte III?

Shakey 
Might be more of an issue with shipping rather than cabinet build. There were a lot of shipping damaged Forte IIIs. The cabinet did need more bracing though.

I'm sure passive radiators add to the cost, but removing them and opting for ports even with new mumps ports would be a mistake. The passive radiator is the big draw for it as an in between option from the HIV and CWIV.
I still would love a 2 way w/ 15" driver. K510 or new cornwall horn. Better yet, Roy gives us an Epic CF-4 II. As much as I love the Chorus II, I dont see a place for its return with the Cornwall IV out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mars1 said:

"the list from (3 to 4)..." referring to the speaker

•  I like to see a removing of the rear radiator,
  • increasing the height to a nice 42 to 43 inches perhaps, maybe little less,
  • but increased height nonetheless,
  • better wood cabinet,
  • better crossover components perhaps as well, and
  • front ported: single, dual, triple.

I guess with the front ports it'll be like the Corns and Chorus'. But that's what I like to see.

When I look at any work product to evaluate it

The question I ask myself is:

What would I add to the Product to improve it ?

What would I take away from the product to improve it ?

Ranking the changes can be done by category

1. Mandatory to have a sellable product
  2. World Class cut above the competition
  3. Nice to have features that have some value

So yes, the question is what would you add or take away from the Forte 3

that should be incorporated into the Forte 4 ?

The no brainer improvement on the Fortes would be the addition of a protective metal cage over the rear radiator, black.

Would the tweeter be better if sweeter sounding but rolled off after 17khz ? take one of the horns from the better reference and use it as the tweeter ? Would the Forte 4 be better with no tweeter, just two drivers ? A larger, fuller range mid horn ????

If the Tweeter is eliminated, a larger horn becomes possible, and or dual woofers.

The Forte is a compact combination of frequency range 30-20Khz, and woofer mid driver alignment. would be better of tweeter aligned too.

Alignment is something Altec and JBL seemed to focus on.

What would be the benefit of more height ?

I am suspect of MDF, prefer Birch Cabinets.

Cross bracing and damping are cheap and easy real estate to add, no brainers.

What effect would porting have on sound quality if any, would it defeat the radiator ?

Each of the Heritage speaker lines was a different design philosophy, Forte being radiators.

Heresy has better Horn Woofer driver alignment, tweeter too short

LaScala fully horn loaded, woofer horn 1 ft longer than mid horn etc etc.

022.jpg

820C_010.jpg

• Like 1