Does Klipsch let you purchase drivers, horns, crossovers, etc?

paulgyro

depends on what parts... many here have said they just called & said what they need & got parts... like the forte3 passive radiators,  no serial number required. i have ordered small things like tweeter diaphrams for older models some years back & they didnt ask for a serial number.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

depends on what parts... many here have said they just called & said what they need & got parts... like the forte3 passive radiators,  no serial number required. i have ordered small things like tweeter diaphrams for older models some years back & they didnt ask for a serial number.  

So the moral of the story is just call and try an order what I want? 

3 minutes ago, Alexander said:

What model speaker could have a lot to do with what you may or may not be able to get with out a ser#.

Forte IIIs, I'm toying with the idea of building a DYI center to match my new Forte IIIs with as many matched parts as possible. 

14 minutes ago, paulgyro said:

So the moral of the story is just call and try an order what I want? 

I would also add that Klipsch has made it clear in the past that they do not supply parts for the DIY crowd-- If you call the parts department with the intention of buying up all the parts you need to build a pair of speakers they will likely shoot you down. On the other hand if you call asking for much needed "replacement" parts for broken damaged or non working parts to bring your speakers back to life they look at that in a different light. I 'm not suggesting you lie to the parts department just pointing out that intent does seem to play a role in whether they will honor your request or not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I would also add that Klipsch has made it clear in the past that they do not supply parts for the DIY crowd-- If you call the parts department with the intention of buying up all the parts you need to build a pair of speakers they will likely shoot you down. On the other hand if you call asking for much needed "replacement" parts for broken damaged or non working parts to bring your speakers back to life they look at that in a different light. I 'm not suggesting you lie to the parts department just pointing out that intent does seem to play a role in whether they will honor your request or not.

Thanks for that, exactly what I was thinking/wondering when I asked the original question. 

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I wonder if a cosmetically challenged Forte lll could be found? Plan on using one or two 12" woofers?

I'm kicking around multiple ideas but if I used 12" I would only use a single. 

The main idea I'm thinking through currently is the Forte III high and mid horns and some other woofer(s), says a RP-8000F 8" or RP-600M 6.5".   In my mind the primary concern is getting matching mid/high horns which would cover down to 650 hz if I used the same crossover.  I'd use a horizontal configuration similar to other 3 way center speakers.  Perhaps like the Klipsch Palladium center. This is the only Klipsch 3 way center that I know of. 

21 minutes ago, paulgyro said:

I'm kicking around multiple ideas but if I used 12" I would only use a single. 

The main idea I'm thinking through currently is the Forte III high and mid horns and some other woofer(s), says a RP-8000F 8" or RP-600M 6.5".   In my mind the primary concern is getting matching mid/high horns which would cover down to 650 hz if I used the same crossover.  I'd use a horizontal configuration similar to other 3 way center speakers.  Perhaps like the Klipsch Palladium center. This is the only Klipsch 3 way center that I know of. 

Great sounding center, but that cabinet wouldn't be an easy build, everything is angled. 

33 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

Why not just use a single Heresy III and be done with it.  It will actually be cheaper in the long run than trying to purchase individual parts.

Good question, and one I thought about myself.   It really comes down to needing a horizontal center due to space constraints. I wish I could as it would be much cheaper/simpler 

Klipsch Parts Department are A1  -

I was happily surprised that not only were the parts they sold  to be klipsch Original parts , of the latest  versions  ,   but the price of most parts was equal  or lower than aftermarket sellers online  or refurbished  2nd hand parts sold online  -

--yep , call klipsch parts and get the right parts for your speakers at great savings with a full warranty and tech support  , they will fit better , last longer and you would be supporting klipsch workers  ,  whether in INDY  or HOPE -  I can't say enough about the quality of the parts -or the service

• Like 1