Cochrane sold. Thanks

joessportster

I have 2 EL84 Tube amps both approx 15 WPC both DEAD quiet on my 99Db eff speakers. Both have been completely gone through and are 100% functional. The amp will come with a NEW set of Power tubes Military Russian 6p14p-ev (Great sounding tubes with LONG life) I am keeping 1 so whichever sells first will be the only one I am selling. 

First id a Lance Cochrane build the Green Machine.

Lance Cochrane PP EL84 Tube Amplifier

Lance Cochrane PP EL84 Tube Amplifier

Next up is a Dynaco ST35 it has a new chassis as well as complete restoration while maintaining the original highly regarded cloth lead Transformers, Those are new printed circuit boards as well

Dynaco ST-35 Power Amp - Totally Restored and Updated - Amazing Sounding Amplifier!

Dynaco ST-35 Power Amp - Totally Restored and Updated - Amazing Sounding Amplifier!

Buyers choice 600.00 plus fees and shipping. Or you can pick up here in Sunny North Carolina near zip 28351

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seti said:

I rebuilt a Fisher X-100 which is a PPEL84.. I like it so much I am rebuilding a Heathkit AA151 which is also PPEL84.. I love the green one... TOO COOL.

The sound can be quite surprising, There must be a reason I continually revisit the EL84 Tube...............................If I could pull my head outta my A$$, stop buying and learn to be satisfied. I would stick with either of these they are very musical with a nice soundstage

• Like 1

Those are 2 really nice offerings Joe. I find myself drooling over your stuff on a regular basis. Would be hard pressed to choose between the two but would lean toward the Cochrane amp because of its uniqueness. It reminds me of one of his "cake pan" builds.

2 hours ago, makos said:

Those are 2 really nice offerings Joe. I find myself drooling over your stuff on a regular basis. Would be hard pressed to choose between the two but would lean toward the Cochrane amp because of its uniqueness. It reminds me of one of his "cake pan" builds.

It is actually one of his cake pan builds, you hit the nail on the head

39 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

Pm sent

All Pm responded to Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, joessportster said:

will come with a NEW set of Power tubes Military Russian 6p14p-ev (Great sounding tubes with LONG life)

5 hours ago, michaeldj09 said:

Have you given the 6p14p-ev a listen? I have been thinking about getting a set to try in my Eico hf-81. GLWS

As mentioned in the original post, Yes I have heard the tube and yes they sound great, as good as any vintage tube I have heard YMMV