Recommendations for Forte iii tube amp

Last Lemming

3 hours ago, Last Lemming said:

I need tube amp recommendations for my new Forte iii’s, at least 20 wats per channel, new or used. 
budget is $2000 or less. 

I’m using a BAT tube Vk-3ix preamp (with six pack upgrade) with a Parasound A21 amp now. 

BOB  LATINO ST70

8 hours ago, Alex Defender said:

Fezz audio Titania, trust me.

Two reasons why this won’t be a good choice.

1) It’s Chi-Fi and that should give anyone pause. I know there are some good Chinese companies out there and this may be one, but proceed with caution.

2) This is an integrated amp with no direct input. The OP already has a preamp and didn’t mention looking for integrateds.

Shakey

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Two reasons why this won’t be a good choice.

1) It’s Chi-Fi and that should give anyone pause. I know there are some good Chinese companies out there and this may be one, but proceed with caution.

2) This is an integrated amp with no direct input. The OP already has a preamp and didn’t mention looking for integrateds.

Shakey

Fezz Audio is Polish and there is Titania Power with direct input. Check out before talking.

Edited by Alex Defender
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 2:59 PM, Last Lemming said:

I need tube amp recommendations for my new Forte iii’s, at least 20 wats per channel, new or used. 
budget is $2000 or less. 

I’m using a BAT tube Vk-3ix preamp (with six pack upgrade) with a Parasound A21 amp now. 

How did you determine the required wattage?  If you provide details about your room, listening level, where you sit in relation to the speakers, type of music, etc. it will be easier to provide some guidance.  You may need lots more or possibly less power.  There is an easy way to make a measurement if you are interested.

Maynard

On 12/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, Last Lemming said:

budget is $2000 or less. 

Look at this dude, amazing value for money imho.

ftiKE_hw_1024x.png

Edited by Alex Defender

To answer some questions:

my room is 16x21, speakers on the long wall. 
20 watts should be plenty since my 6 watt does pretty goo but a bit more headroom is needed. 

also the Fezz it more than I’m willing to spend. Unless one used should pop up. 

Edited by Last Lemming

7 hours ago, Last Lemming said:

To answer some questions:

my room is 16x21, speakers on the long wall. 
20 watts should be plenty since my 6 watt does pretty goo but a bit more headroom is needed. 

also the Fezz it more than I’m willing to spend. Unless one used should pop up. 

If headroom is your goal, going to 20 watts will only give you a bit over 5db.  Since you’re going to incur an expense, I would look at amps in the 40 watt or higher range.  Check out the Yaqin amps on Amazon.  They offer a lot of value for the money and are popular with users of Klipsch speakers.

Maynard

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 2:59 PM, Last Lemming said:

budget is $2000 or less. 

I am in the same boat, I am looking for a decent tube amp to drive my Forte IIIs. 

1 hour ago, JeffLebowski said:

Fezz is so interesting to me. Polish made. Kind of like a big family with commitment to a good product.

Also, priced reasonably.

I think this is something to look at OP.

Cheers

I think that Fezz Audio is one of the last few solid tube amp manufacturers left in Europe.

Little show, lots of substance.

Greetings from italy.

Edited by Alex Defender