Klipsch or SVS

Bharath Abhishek

The soundpath ones that I picked up at amazon in that picture actually should be the ones that come with the sub! The punctuation of the bass (Jeff Beck: There & Back) turned up or not is noticeably improved. Did not have reverb here but for $8.00 each when I got them they were worth it. Got to get that box I found into the sub's box.

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The soundpath ones that I picked up at amazon in that picture actually should be the ones that come with the sub! The punctuation of the bass (Jeff Beck: There & Back) turned up or not is noticeably improved. Did not have reverb here but for $8.00 each when I got them they were worth it. Got to get that box I found into the sub's box.

they should come with all models but dont on the lower end 1000 & 2000 & even the 3000 i think.  they are provided with PC models & the bigger 4000 & 16 ultras though.  

the svs isolation are nice but rather pricey at ~$50/set... there are many similar feet sold for cheap at home stores like home depot or even amazon that will do 99% of the same thing as the svs feet,  they are just bigger rubber feet that get the sub off the floor a little more.  & most brands of subs use the same thread size/pitch that is common for these feet so most the cheaper ones out there will fit.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 3:37 AM, Bharath Abhishek said:

Guys have concrete walls and the floor is covered with rugs n my apartment..based on ur recommendations I ll zero in on SVS..and do I need subwoofer isolation pads or other things to prevent room rattling .. or the rug s enough.. planning to set up SVS PB 1000

I live in a condo with concrete floors, but I like to listen at higher volume (not performance level) sometimes.  Accordingly, all my subs (2 in the living room with the main system and 2 in the bedroom) are sitting on small tables or are otherwise at least 30 cm/12” off the floor.  As well, each one is sitting on thick neoprene pads.  This serves 2 purposes.  First, it means that the subs energize the air in the room, not the floor.  Second, it reduces early reflections from the floor (“floor bounce”), which should allow for a sharper sound.

As for late night listening, the Yamaha AVR has a Pure Direct setting, which defeats all non-audio circuits, and even shuts off the display (it comes on momentarily if you adjust the volume).  It also cuts off the feed to the subs.  I thought that was a drawback, but for listening when you don’t want the deep bass notes throbbing through your home and maybe the neighbours’ homes as well, it comes in handy.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

sorry for any confusion... speaker/sub "spikes" are traditionally made of metal & used for coupling the speaker better on carpeted floors,  they are sharp like a nail. 

svs feet are made of rubber & while they are cone shaped, they are not spikes.  just trying to clarify that.  

Actually, spikes are use to decouple subwoofers or speakers from the floor.  Their pinpoint tips prevent nearly all vibrations from travelling through them.

SVS has better sub feet you can get for the isolation of them. Looked at their site they're $50. Got mine two years ago for less. Have wood floors over a crawlspace and they worked very well. They should come with each sub!

• Like 1

No, the square 2’ deep shape of the La Scalas means that they sit pretty solidly on the floor, with no front-to-back wobble, unlike speakers with less physical depth.

Besides, I like to experiment occasionally with speaker placement, and spikes would make that very difficult.

Actually, it’s a 5 speaker big Heritage speaker system, with a Belle Klipsch in Front Centre position, plus a little Heresy III in the Rear Centre position for the 6th speaker.  Interestingly, most TV surround broadcasting is in 5.1, including movies, and DVDs and Blu-rays, so the H3 doesn’t get that much work.

For critical listening, I use just the 2 JubScalas, with their bi-amped feed.  Plus the 2 Paradigm subs, of course.  Those 4 units add up to a real Wall of Sound.  I’m liking it a lot!