Home Theater settings Help!

Risty23

Happy New Year!  I got a Reference Theater Pack set of speakers with a wireless sub for my home theater.  It is paired with a Denon AVR-S720W receiver.  I used the mic to set them up but not sure what the crossovers should be set to.  The manual for the speakers say 110 for the Satellite speakers but Audassey sets them to 90,90,100 for front center and surround and sets the sub at 110.  Please help as I love sound but don’t like how it sounds.  Any input would be great.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Based upon the frequency response of those little cubes in the theater pack, the Denon appears to be correct. Crossovers are typically not a cliff where you don't get any output above or below the crossover frequency - they're more shaped like a hill or slope. Additionally, the frequency response of the speakers isn't absolute- they can increase or decrease certain frequencies based upon placement. Bass is enhanced in corners is a common example. 

The placement of those speakers in your room is likely causing some mild boosting of certain frequencies so that's why you're seeing a crossover point that doesn't exactly align with Klipschs documented frequency response.

You mentioned that you're not happy with the sound. Compared to what? How it sounded in the store? Or compared to full-size Klipsch speakers? How your buddy's system sounds? Usually I'd start by assessing placement of each speaker. We might need some pictures or a diagram to make recommendations on that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Risty23 said:

Happy New Year!  I got a Reference Theater Pack set of speakers with a wireless sub for my home theater.  It is paired with a Denon AVR-S720W receiver.  I used the mic to set them up but not sure what the crossovers should be set to.  The manual for the speakers say 110 for the Satellite speakers but Audassey sets them to 90,90,100 for front center and surround and sets the sub at 110.  Please help as I love sound but don’t like how it sounds.  Any input would be great.  Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Which pack did you get? There are more than one.

How about running Audessey again and see where it lands.

Another is to manually adjust the crossover. Would probably need manual on the Denon for how.

And as above poster suggests, a pic and layout of your space would help.

Thanks!