Tube amp recommendation

Jefe

Great pics 🤩

Mine : Cary SLi50, first version 2x30W Class A Denis Had version, with good valves (not valves original). Currently, Inspire de Denis Had are great, but there are many others !

http://glowinthedarkaudio.com/dennis-had-ifa1-kt88.html

http://glowinthedarkaudio.com/amps.html

😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Mine: TubeCube7, 3.5 watt per channel, with 1972 Heresy. 

Can't play loud, but sounds pretty awesome, haven't heard any other tube Amp with Heritage speakers so my little Amp does qualify as the best I ever heard! 

Heresy has a 99dB/1 watt SPL, shouldn't 3.5wpc be enough to drive it to loud levels, even in a fairly sized room? What's the SPL you get from it at your listening location?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fmalloy said:

Heresy has a 99dB/1 watt SPL, shouldn't 3.5wpc be enough to drive it to loud levels, even in a fairly sized room? What's the SPL you get from it at your listening location?

It is pretty loud, and sounds excellent at low volume too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Mine: TubeCube7, 3.5 watt per channel, with 1972 Heresy. 

I have a TubeCube 7 as well and installed 1960's Mullard tubes - sounds unbelievably good after the Mullard's put in. Also using Heresy I's and a KSW15. 3D soundstage and wonderful from cymbal to mid-bass. Recently replaced with a McIntosh MC240 which I do like better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I upgraded my TubeCube7 with Sovtek EL84M tubes, which have slightly longer plates. Love them. 

I have heard the EL84M's are recommended and have many good reviews, certainly less expensive. I worked with the guy I buy tubes from and asked for the most "tube" sound possible - hence the Mullards. So am thinking either are a great choice. Wife did notice the change going from Sino to Mullard and commented without being asked - amazing how much a different brand of tubes can make.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

I have heard the EL84M's are recommended and have many good reviews, certainly less expensive. I worked with the guy I buy tubes from and asked for the most "tube" sound possible - hence the Mullards. So am thinking either are a great choice. Wife did notice the change going from Sino to Mullard and commented without being asked - amazing how much a different brand of tubes can make.

My sino tubes did not light up equally bright so I replaced them with the EL84Ms for aesthetic reasons but was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality upgrade😊

I plan on buying nos Mullards if I can find them. 

I live in Belgium and I paid substantial postage and import duties to get the TubeCube7 here from the US. Some called me crazy, but I have no regrets at all! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I live in Belgium and I paid substantial postage and import duties to get the TubeCube7 here from the US. Some called me crazy, but I have no regrets at all! 

I ordered mine last week. I got 15% off for subscribing to their mailing list and an additional 20 dollars off for using paypal credit. Total cost 133 USD with shipping included. Of course it's backordered and have no idea when it will arrive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wetowne said:

I ordered mine last week. I got 15% off for subscribing to their mailing list and an additional 20 dollars off for using paypal credit. Total cost 133 USD with shipping included. Of course it's backordered and have no idea when it will arrive.

I paid 170 US dollars plus 130 US dollars for shipping and import taxes. Crazy, not? But no regrets! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jefe said:

watcha got?

BTW, the two amplifiers recommended aren't integrated tube amplifiers.

I have two integrated tube amplifiers that are vintage. A Lafayette Stereo 250A EL86 push-pull, and a HH Scott LK48B.

Both sound rather good for what they are.

I haven't heard any new offerings of low watt integrated tube amplifiers.

Being an integrated amplifier, you want a phono stage...correct?

• Like 1