75th Anniversary Book of Klipsch

• Moderators
On 2/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, 314carpenter said:

That's the one I want. Can't prepay fast enough. Who's signing it?

The Authors, Matt Sommers and Jim Hunter. Plus @Chief bonehead Roy Delgado, Jr., the President of the Museum, Richard Groves, and the President and CEO of Klipsch, Paul Jacob's are the planned signatories. Because of logistics, the President of the Museum's signature may be as part of a seperate letter or items that is given as part of the Pictorial History book.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

All out of stock. It appears to be a pre-order page.

That where you will order when the book and other items are all ready to go. Click the items you are interested in and provide your email for notification.

Travis

• Like 2

I guess I’m lost and/or slow . It seemed when this was first announced on 12/31 you were looking for a “show of hands” who wanted a book and for those a book was held in their name. So now we pre-order with our email address? 

OKAY I see it now. Found it. I knew that they were going to be sold on the regular Klipsch site, but I thought we were going to have the inside track on the limited version. I really hope we can at least get a heads up on a launch date and countdown before my limited copy ends up on Japanese Ebay (Mercari) or something. Not my first rodeo.

The Museum Edition is signed and number by the authors and is limited to just 75 copies.

Containing nearly 200 pages of bold images from deep within the Klipsch Museum’s archives, including many never-before-seen pictures, this coffee table book tells the story of Klipsch loudspeakers over the ages - from the dawn of hi-fi to today’s immersive experiences. At 12”x12”, this treasury also fits in your record crate!

Features:

The Museum Edition is signed and numbered by the authors and comes with the following added extras:

• An original piece of vintage Klipsch literature from the museum’s archives, hand-selected by curator Jim Hunter
  • A 75th Anniversary commemorative poster, featuring Klipsch advertising through the years (ships rolled)
  • A "Klipsch Joint" window cling - 75th Anniversary commemorative reproduction of the classic Klipsch dealer sign from the 1970s
  • Available exclusively through Klipsch.com

All profits from the sale of this item will benefit the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, to help preserve and proliferate the research and inventions of Paul W. Klipsch through science-based education.

$175.00 Each

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

All out of stock. It appears to be a pre-order page.

Not pre-order (federal regulations make that almost impossible any more), but a way to be notified the instant they go on sale.

image.thumb.png.19d875737c2d4d911149df6a6d778248.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

I guess I’m lost and/or slow . It seemed when this was first announced on 12/31 you were looking for a “show of hands” who wanted a book and for those a book was held in their name. So now we pre-order with our email address? 

Did you read it? I think a quick skim could lead to the impression you initially formed, but if you go back and read it carefully, I think it's pretty clear (only because a Klipsch Marketing genius wrote it). I had to go back and look because if I had written it, who knows how it would have come out.

You are a Member of the Museum, so we will be getting you advance notice of some type in any event. However, I think the purchase mechanism will remain the same. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Not all humans are on facebook. I seen this so I posted it for others. At least we have pricing.

Frightened to ask what the big cheeses are charging for their penmanship. 🧀 ✏️ 💰

I'm learning that, and I am becoming less and less on FB. I appreciate you posting the information. The original first post of the thread is actually a copy and paste from our FB Page, b/c I realize not everyone follows our page and I don't know how to do a link properly to FB.

Just to clarify a few things. The book is being published by the Klipsch Museum of Audio History (our first publication) which is a non-profit corporation, registered as a 501(c)(3) with the IRS. Klipsch has graciously allowed it to be put up on their Gear Store for sale because they have the infrastructure to handle something this size, along with handling the fulfillment from their Distribution Center in Hope (all at no charge to the Museum). 

It's a "Pictorialal History" so there is not much penmenship in terms of text. It was researched and edited by the Museum Curator, Jim Hunter, and Museum Trustee and Klipsch Sr. Global Creative Director, Matt Sommers. Klipsch donated the value of Matt's time away from work to complete the project (many, many weeks worth, spread out over six months). Hunter and Matt are being paid nothing (zero) for the book (well we may give them a free copy so they can show their grandkids, but it won't be one of the 75). No one is charging for their signatures. I did all of the copyright work and I charged (zero) and I am not getting a free copy, numbered or otherwise, of the book because it has the practical effect of pulling money away from the Museum. The Board of Trustees, Officers, Committee Chairs, Committee Members, and everyone else associated with the Museum are all volunteers. 

There are two versions of the book, the Museum Edition, signed and numbered, limited to 75 which you were very nice to link to above. There is also the regular version, which is $75.00. We did an initial run of 1,000 books, and Klipsch has already bought 500 from us for promotional purposes. Apart from the Museum Edition 75 signed and numbered books, this first edition is still a pretty small run of books. If we sell them all out, we will evaluate doing another edition, or doing a second Volume. Last night Matt said they had just scratched the surface for this book and more volumes could be in store. 

The book will be printed in the USA. 

I'm very excited to see the enthusiasm for the Museum's first ever publication, and especially the premium Museum Edition. I'm hoping we can sell the entire first edition out so that we can look to doing the next book.

Edited by dwilawyer
Enthusiasm and more
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fini said:

Is there a way to assure I get a copy of the signed edition?  I've been around here over 20 years...

Did you mean like when you just take your unsigned book with you on the tour bus and hope you get backstage? Only kidding you. Best of luck and I hope you do end up with exactly what you want.

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, fini said:

Is there a way to assure I get a copy of the signed edition?  I've been around here over 20 years...

Yes, go to the Klipsch Gear store now, "don't delay", click on the Museum Edition book item, it will ask you for an email for notification, sign up with your email, when you get the notification, jump on it. 

Also, consider becoming a member of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, they start at $30 per year and go up from there. Depending upon the demand, we may offer members a slight head start. This is turning into something akin to signing up for concert tickets (anyone remember live concerts?). 

Frankly, we may have seriously underestimated the demand by Klipsch Fans for a book costing $175.00 during these interesting times. 

Why don't we do this, let's help each other get registered for email notification for the book. If it turns out to be 15 people (not looking that way) I will let people know the supply will meet demand. If we have 300 over the next week, then I will go to the Board and see if we can bump the number up to 175, or something. 

The availability and launch is at least a few weeks away, so if we know how many people are serious about a purchase of the Museum Edition Book we can adjust if people get registered this week.

We want everyone to have a copy of the Book that wants one, in the version they want and we will monitor this situation closely so we can make that happen.

Travis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@dwilawyer WAS Dave1290 and now Dave1291.  Just registered for the email update and linked a card for monthly payments.  Just a heads up in case Jim's not yet up to speed.  The hacker's got 0!  Yaaasss, it's really a must have for any Klipsch head's coffee table.  Signed copies?  Why not?  Preserving history is what so many more people should be doing today imo!  I KNEW what I had to have back in the 60's!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, fini said:

I'm not even assured of a signed copy. I will be in line with the rest of you, or the other Museum Members if they get a head start. (Like AE Platinum Member).

But the answer maybe yes, we may auction off 1/75 (which means we are down to possibly 74 copies, or 174 if we can bump it up). The market will determine that price. Just like pristine first pressing vinyl.

I'm going to give it until early next week and get with people at Klipsch to see what demand is. I don't know if 15, 50, or 500 have signed up. Then there is the issue of the other goodies that go along with numbered version. 

Once we have a handle on it I will update.

6 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Yes, go to the Klipsch Gear store now, "don't delay", click on the Museum Edition book item, it will ask you for an email for notification, sign up with your email, when you get the notification, jump on it. 

Also, consider becoming a member of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, they start at $30 per year and go up from there. Depending upon the demand, we may offer members a slight head start. This is turning into something akin to signing up for concert tickets (anyone remember live concerts?). 

Frankly, we may have seriously underestimated the demand by Klipsch Fans for a book costing $175.00 during these interesting times. 

Why don't we do this, let's help each other get registered for email notification for the book. If it turns out to be 15 people (not looking that way) I will let people know the supply will meet demand. If we have 300 over the next week, then I will go to the Board and see if we can bump the number up to 175, or something. 

The availability and launch is at least a few weeks away, so if we know how many people are serious about a purchase of the Museum Edition Book we can adjust if people get registered this week.

We want everyone to have a copy of the Book that wants one, in the version they want and we will monitor this situation closely so we can make that happen.

Travis

Thanks, Travis!  I did sign up for the email notification (I didn't see an option for the signed version?), and became a member.  I didn't get any kind of notification for membership.

• Like 1