Usable freg. Range of exodus anarchy sub

Lbk

The link below to a thread in the AVS Forum, might help.  It includes input from the designer, LilMike.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/reed-exodus-anarchy-25hz-tapped-horn.1238398/

As the builder of five and owner/user of four, IMO the useful range is ~20Hz to 80Hz.  Using a pair of iNuke1000dsp amps, I steeply cross mine at ~60Hz to augment the bass from my “Supered” HIPs in my small space.  The DIY “Super Heresys” (inboard in the attached photo) are gone to a nephew.

The AVS forum thread should answer your questions.  Others on this forum with knowledge of the Exodus Anarchy specifically, or tapped horn subs generally, include, but are not limited to: @CECAA850, @rockhound, @MookieStl, & @ClaudeJ1

6BC8D6DF-7213-40DA-91E2-E3671034CA87.thumb.jpeg.8fc4687a0a32ce625096328f00833e4f.jpeg

• Like 1

I agree with Diz above. My take is slightly higher on the low end and depending on the slope you cross over, you can get a little (100hz max with a steep slope) more on the top end.

It does sound strange that these small subs can go that low but not very high in the frequency range but that is the byproduct of the design.

Where are you located? You may be able to test drive some if in close proximity.

Good luck. They are a fun build.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I agree with Diz above. My take is slightly higher on the low end and depending on the slope you cross over, you can get a little (100hz max with a steep slope) more on the top end.

It does sound strange that these small subs can go that low but not very high in the frequency range but that is the byproduct of the design.

Where are you located? You may be able to test drive some if in close proximity.

Good luck. They are a fun build.

Yes, a reasonably flat 2 Octaves is all you can expect from a Tapped horn. 2 1/2 on better designs, along with a "ringy" top end you must filter out acoustically absorbent as well as good low pass filtering.

Looked over at Avs,  during my short search I  couldn't find a top end freq but was described as more of a mid woofer? One search stated it would go up to 3500hz, didn't sound right since I read tapped horns have a narrow freq band.

80 hz should work fine. Could these be tuned to merge well with my front f 20, will be used mostly for music. I live in Atlanta, thanks.