KP 250 ??

Augusto

Need help to understand what they are since I believe they can't work with over 100 watts.   Woofer is a k 24 e,  horn and driver are k 53 h.  Boxes are ported and the back has the plastic plate , with only 2 pins , where is written heresy II.  My main concern is that they are simply two ported heresy II. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augusto said:

Need help to understand what they are since I believe they can't work with over 100 watts.   Woofer is a k 24 e,  horn and driver are k 53 h.  Boxes are ported and the back has the plastic plate , with only 2 pins , where is written heresy II.  My main concern is that they are simply two ported heresy II. 

Thanks. 

Can you post any pictures? 

• Like 1

That looks like a KP-201 I box to me and your drivers match that also. They are in between a Heresy and a KP-250 for sound quality and sadly are only 100 watt rated.  Somewhat hard to come by and a step up from the older Heresy. I am thinking the back plate is not original to these since the cabinet and drivers say KP-201.

51 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That looks like a KP-201 I box to me and your drivers match that also. They are in between a Heresy and a KP-250 for sound quality and sadly are only 100 watt rated.  Somewhat hard to come by and a step up from the older Heresy. I am thinking the back plate is not original to these since the cabinet and drivers say KP-201.

Thanks Dave , do you believe that, replacing the woofer with a more powerful one,  will allow the use of higher amplification or the K53h driver has its limits ??

57 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I believe the 201's are a sealed box? Looks like a 250 or HIP-II to me with a substituted woofer.

kp250.jpg

It looks to me like you have 250 cabinets with Heresy II parts, maybe someone wanted to make them a little more home use friendly?

Really what you need to do next is figure out what tweeter number and crossover type are in the speakers.

The mid horn and driver is the same in most of these designs but the tweeter is either a k-76 or k-79, which have quite a bit of difference in sensitivity.

If these are for home use you might want to keep them the way they are right now. If you are wanting to use these for PA then you'd likely need new crossovers with new woofers possibly new tweeters to revert them back to full pro output.

27 minutes ago, Augusto said:

There are still signs of the tabs holding the woofers. 

The pictures are not real clear, but it does look like there are some holes where the straps would have been.

Are there indented places too, like this? I just now took this picture of my KP-250 II. 

clip.thumb.jpg.df2acdbd7f5d62915d9f88de713ea05f.jpg

15 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The pictures are not real clear, but it does look like there are some holes where the straps would have been.

Are there indented places too, like this? I just now took this picture of my KP-250 II. 

clip.thumb.jpg.df2acdbd7f5d62915d9f88de713ea05f.jpg

No, no indented place but the clear sign of something holding the woofer. 

1 minute ago, Augusto said:

No, no indented place but the clear sign of something holding the woofer.

Well, the home version of the H II is not ported. My H II have round terminal blocks, but I have seen square ones. The KP 250 II is different in many ways, though I have seen some without the indentions. The HIP II is ported like what you have and has places where straps can be secured, but the cross overs look to be different and has round terminal blocks.

• Like 1

This is the crossover and the quality control card that has 250b in pencil. Hope this photo can help. 

20210101_203432_resized.jpg

The 250b in pencil on that tag implies they're KP-250's maybe an early version between the HIP-II and the KP-250 we're use to seeing?

Just looking at pictures online those crossovers appear to be Heresy-II's.

What is it that you want to do with these? Do they sound good the way they are or are you looking to improve on them, make them louder?

5 hours ago, Augusto said:

Thanks. 

these look like a KP 250 , solely because of the cabinet which is correct , but the crossover are from a Heresy II  including the K24 woofer --so either somebody messed up at the factory or the previous seller swapped the internal parts from a Heresy II into a cabinet of a KP 250-    basically what you have now is a Heresy 2  in a kp 250 enclosure