Add-Side-Walls-to-Older-k-horns

JJkizak

I believe when Greg did it, it extended the backs enough to simulate the actual way that the Khorn fit into the corner. I would contact him as Randy mentioned or at least find his page explaining this theory.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe when Greg did it, it extended the backs enough to simulate the actual way that the Khorn fit into the corner. I would contact him as Randy mentioned or at least find his page explaining this theory.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

@JJkizak    ,  Here is Greg's best work on enclosing Khorns ,  @greg928gts-  impeccable work as usual

http://www.klipschupgrades.com/flkhorn.shtml

I recently experimented with this. Used 1/2 ply from a big box store and some 2x2 as bracing. Not as elegant as Greg’s as I’m a beginner with woodworking. Our placement for K horns is less than ideal but the fiancé and I both agreed we gained some low frequency response.

If I were to build another pair I would use 3/4 ply.

7362A408-3544-4E34-8284-F20240011598.jpeg

Edited by The Green Hornet
Grammar

Its a very simple job.  3/4 or 5/8 Marine ply, table saw, drill and a few screws.   Just being able to toe the speakers in or out is well worth this, but the bass you recover makes the speakers actually usable pulled from the corners.  Just get your angle right when matching the halves up to the tailboard.

And you dont put screws in the cab, you align then up with the tailboard supports and the side vent supports. Easily removable, a very good seal and the added weight is minimal which is why I went this route instead of building false walls.

DSC01091.jpg

• Like 1