what are the smelliest foods?

juniper

13 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I knew a girl once that hid a couple of hard boiled eggs in the HVAC ductwork at somebody's house. The stench got so bad the people living in the house had to move out for a while and hire professionals to clean the place.

Some folk from my HS put a bucket of crabs in a rival HS's HVAC . 

21 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Durian.

Never had it but my wife knows what it is. 

that's cheating.. my wife knows about durian, too.

as far as what I have experienced...

wife deep fried dried anchovies. The house stunk/stank for a month. I did enjoy eating them [once I got them passed my nose] but asked her to prepare them in someone else's kitchen next time.

boiled kidneys are pretty nasty, too

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Though not expensive, feta smells like feet.

Da*n!

& my Aunt ruined Cheerwine for me years ago when she said it tasted like cough syrup!

Love feta on ripe olives, fresh tomato, yellow onion with Greek dressing or just olive oil and a bit of lemon juice. Without dressing some fresh oregano is good, it's different most every time!

1 hour ago, tromprof said:

The Indian spice "hing" aka "asafoetida" is a truly awful smelling spice earing the fetid title in its name. However when used properly in Indian cooking it's a marvel.

We have to keep it in a jar inside another jar so it doesn't stink up the place. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida

BTW - Do you know who owns that rustic 40's pick up that usually parked in the driveway on West Chester by you? Looks like a constant project?

43 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

BTW - Do you know who owns that rustic 40's pick up that usually parked in the driveway on West Chester by you? Looks like a constant project?

On West Chester Rd? I haven't noticed it but will keep an eye out. There are a number of project cars in the neighborhood, my favorite being an old DeLorean (it actually moved once!)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tromprof said:

On West Chester Rd? I haven't noticed it but will keep an eye out. There are a number of project cars in the neighborhood, my favorite being an old DeLorean (it actually moved once!)

Yea, this one is one or two houses east of Barrett on the north side.

My girlfriend LOVES that VW T181 Thing further up the hill. Sad they didn't put the Beetle on top of the house for Christmas this year. 😪

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tromprof said:

I love old cars! Theres a weird dude that i know. He's an unfair old bastard, horrible perhaps to his employees.... makes them do things that are completly unfair. Hes a physicist. Rips Buggattis apart old Mercedes and whatever... copies the parts for those that have the money. Makes new cars partially assembled, sends them all over the world. Last car i saw in his shop was a 1915 Alfa, said it would go 140 MPH, price a cool 850k.....he uses Rustoleum for paint, with very cheap brushes with some of his very early vehichles.....

The Maroilles, a French cheese from the Aisne and North that smells oribly strong, worse than you can imagine. We live in the South of France, my grandmother put some in her well packed luggage when she came down from the North of France and the whole car of the train felt the horror.

And yet this cheese and soft, but really very soft, tasting and extremely good!

It was served at the table of kings

Created in the 10th century by a monk from the Abbey of Maroilles, this cheese is made in Thiérache, an area of Controlled Designation of Origin, straddling the departments of North and Aisne. It is considered the king of cheeses from the North, and presented as the finest of strong cheeses.

During a trip to Europe, you can discover this tradition, I recommend it

https://www.lacremerieroyale.fr/product/maroilles

maroilles.png

😎