what are the smelliest foods?

juniper

Yes,  Surstromming has been given the moniker, worlds stinkiest food.  Icelandic fermented shark is considered up there on the stink list as well, with a fine aroma of ammonia .  Plenty of youtube vids on people gagging from both of them.  On another note, I love the smell of chives and sometimes have a little pot of them growing by the kitchen.

28 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yes,  Surstromming has been given the moniker, worlds stinkiest food.  Icelandic fermented shark is considered up there on the stink list as well, with a fine aroma of ammonia .  Plenty of youtube vids on people gagging from both of them.  On another note, I love the smell of chives and sometimes have a little pot of them growing by the kitchen.

This cracks me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hung out at this house (back in the 70s) that was a pretty wild place ... well, a bit more than wild most of the time. anyway, one of the guys thought it would be funny to rub hot peppers on the rim of drinking glasses and watch the people's reaction when they drank. So, I decided to do it to his glass. He quietly got up and went into the kitchen and poured out his drink. 

what a place that was ... we threw a party once ... free to the public and we had some whaky juice (every type of liquor you could find mixed with fruit punch) and a keg of beer along with steak and lobster.  people walk in from the street (word of mouth advertising is effective) nobody threw a party like we did (well one guy did but that's an entirely different story)... they were epic ... the cops even came ... well, the neighbors called them; but they still came. 

these guys were a band and one evening I told the drummer  that I would turn out the lights, turn on the strobe light and he break into a hellacious drum solo.  He agreed so we each did our parts. The rest of the band was pissed and when someone turned on the lights, I turned to the guy next to me to say how cool that was and it was a Los Angeles County Sheriff. He said "Personally, I liked it; but your neighbors didn't."  

what a crazy place that was.  I remember one night, one of the guys that lived there decided to go to bed. a few seconds later, he comes back into the living room and says, "Does anyone know this person that is sleeping in my bed?"  we all got up and looked.  Nope, never seen that person before. So, he promptly kicks that person out of his bed and the house. We all laughed and never even worried about how that could happen. 

I guess we all have points in our life that defy logic and we're thankful that we survived them. 

• 6 months later...

I was on assignment in Australia about 15 years ago, me and three dozen other expats from around the world in a furnished/serviced apartment complex on the beach.  Every Friday I'd get a couple slabs of VB, a few kilos of prawns in shell, and sautee the prawns up for all to enjoy. Usually drank too much so never cleaned up until next day....

That was awful.  Every Saturday morning for four months.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:24 AM, juniper said:

Someone sent me a bunch of white and black fresh truffles, they smell so bad, i cant wrap my mind around it.... like what i think rotting oysters would smell like. One time in H S someone put Limburger on the hot registers, they closed the school as they should have..... what have you experienced? 

I went to my friends house once when he was cooking something on an electric griddle outside in his garage. He had a mangy looking dog out there at the same time and I was thinking that dog really smelled bad. So I asked Gerald if the dog had a problem since he smelled so bad. He busted out laughing and said no, it was the grilled Limburger cheese sandwiches he was making that I smelled. He was forbidden to cook them inside.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I went to my friends house once when he was cooking something on an electric griddle outside in his garage. He had a mangy looking dog out there at the same time and I was thinking that dog really smelled bad. So I asked Gerald if the dog had a problem since he smelled so bad. He busted out laughing and said no, it was the grilled Limburger cheese sandwiches he was making that I smelled. He was forbidden to cook them inside.

Some wise guy put limburger in the light fixtures in the shower/bathroom in college.  Nothing got rid of the smell until the fixtures were replaced as the remedy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erosiar said:

I just want to learn more about it before getting a vaccine. I want to figure out whether it's effective or not.

You want a vaccine against smelly food?

Not the right thtead to ask about vaccines  but yes, the Covid vaccines ard safe and effective.

On 1/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, Schu said:

5da1e2fef7643df29f70f729cab3c988298ff163

Dry Mexican Cheese is pretty darn pungent... it's also very tasty, specially when cooked.

HEY MAN, WATCH WHAT YOUR SAYING....   Queso Fresco is divine.    On mans shyt is another man's cheese, so watch it buster.