15" driver identification.

Iteachstem

Hello all,

I pulled this driver out of a friends Chorus II to replace it with the correct driver.  Any idea or information as to the model/specs on this?  I'm guessing it's an Eminence by the sticker.  A general web search wasn't helpful, so I thought I would see if anyone here recognizes this driver.  Thanks in advance.

image0.jpeg.48f21193be70fe9ad78bed1c0c3a36b6.jpeg

image1.jpeg.80e8082fc1ed24a88f41d2898ee1fe27.jpeg

image2.jpeg.9da19406da277d534b527a981a020ac4.jpeg

11 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

I'm guessing the woofer is not original.

Correct, that's why I pulled it out and replaced it with the correct driver for him. My friend bought a set of Chorus II's and someone probably blew the woofer and just replaced it with whatever they thought would work.  So, I pulled out this driver.  Now I am trying to see if anyone can identify it so I can obtain the specs and perhaps use it elsewhere... like in a bass guitar cabinet, etc. I think some of you didn't read my original post carefully... like I have done myself on many occasions! 🤪

7 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

If I remember correctly, the Chorus II's woofer has a cast basket. That looks like a stamped basket. I'm guessing the woofer is not original. 

21 hours ago, billybob said:

Thought a k48 e is a correct driver. 

22 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

Hello all,

I pulled this driver out of a friends Chorus II to replace it with the correct driver. 

It seems the OP is aware that the driver was not the correct one, he is trying to find out what or where this woofer came from or was used for?

From what I have seen early Chorus woofers were the k-48-e and later the k-48-k.

Considering the driver pictured is steel stamped frame, 8 ohms with a funky ribbed cone I'd assume someone just bought an off the shelf replacement woofer from Eminence in a pinch to get the speakers working again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

It seems the OP is aware that the driver was not the correct one, he is trying to find out what or where this woofer came from or was used for?

From what I have seen early Chorus woofers were the k-48-e and later the k-48-k.

Considering the driver pictured is steel stamped frame, 8 ohms with a funky ribbed cone I'd assume someone just bought an off the shelf replacement woofer from Eminence in a pinch to get the speakers working again.

Sure looks like it would work in a pinch...cool.

5 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

Correct, that's why I pulled it out and replaced it with the correct driver for him. My friend bought a set of Chorus II's and someone probably blew the woofer and just replaced it with whatever they thought would work.  So, I pulled out this driver.  Now I am trying to see if anyone can identify it so I can obtain the specs and perhaps use it elsewhere... like in a bass guitar cabinet, etc. I think some of you didn't read my original post carefully... like I have done myself on many occasions! 🤪

My baaaaad.

4 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Double post-- I was having internet / connection issues and tried posting my response a few times since this morning strange they just showed up at random times..

Thought you were just making sure I got the message.

• Haha 1