Cornwalls- Will I regret it?

B_Shakey

Well a Cornwall3 is a big Heresy3. The CW3 has the k701 mid horn the smallest and oldest horn Klipsch uses. Save you money and buy a CW4 better drivers better (largest) horns. What made the CW special was it larger mid horn and 15" woofer and a CW3 is just a step backwards horn wise. Get the CW4 and enjoy yourself til death.

Big room on the long wall.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, RandyH000 said:

Nothing wrong  with Cornwall III  , the mids horn is smaller that a CW  IV   , but worst scenario , you can still add a slightly larger mids horn  in the enclosure  , The  K601 versus the K701 -

I don' think there will be room to add a larger mid horn into a CW3 and if it is a wrap around cabinet like the CW3 yu won't be able to swap out the original baffle for a new one either.

11 minutes ago, moray james said:

I don' think there will be room to add a larger mid horn into a CW3 and if it is a wrap around cabinet like the CW3 yu won't be able to swap out the original baffle for a new one either.

looks like there is  enough room  for  a k601 CW II  exponential  horn to fit   between the  k-33 woofer and the K701 horn  , and since it is not threaded alike the K-600 -it should screw right in , of course one would have to measure ------but it does not look to be impossible --------whereas a k61  Chorus II horn would definitely not fit

Cornwall Walnut front

30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

looks like there is  enough room  for  a k601 CW II  exponential  horn to fit   between the  k-33 woofer and the K701 horn  , and since it is not threaded alike the K-600 -it should screw right in , of course one would have to measure ------but it does not look to be impossible --------whereas a k61  Chorus II horn would definitely not fit

Cornwall Walnut front

it does look like it may well be possible but a trio of horizontal braces below the woofer between the woofer and the mid and again between the mid and the tweeter would be a good plan. There must be better modern horns than the K600 that could fit even a KLF20/30 mid horn would be very much better than a k600/601. Just a thought.

You sir, are a regular Nostradamus .........

Why thank you, even if you’re trying to pretend to understand where I’m coming from. Visitors to this forum A. don’t get it and B. Cornwalls are a big problem child no one likes to address, IMHO. I run 2 pairs and Cornwalls are far from user friendly, unfortunately. I’m in a love hate relationship with both sets. I put one pair in my HT system to teach them a lesson and they are doing well. Cornwall IV’s look to be next level making everything but the size go away from what I’ve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk