Leaving the Forum

Mallette

After well over 22000 posts, (5k more of which of which were deleted by the PC  Police on orders of legal) I find it time to bow out. KGI is no  more and PWK would turn over in his grave at the attitudes of the Forum members. I loved it all and made so many great friends here. I'll still go to Forum gatherings but not Klipsch sponsored. I'm for resuming the Forum sponsored Pilgrimages and would be happy to help given I have experience with them. I am NOT really mad at anyone, but certainly upset with many of my old friends who blow off newbie questions and run off many members. Recently I posted in the 2 Channel Forum that someone needed to post how to connect Heritage speakers for a two channel system and it was roundly scoffed at by many folks I consider friends. They said "That's the dealers job" and "If they can't do that they shouldn't have Heritage" etc. That did it. When we forget PWK and how we all started out that's just too much. Also, it has just not been the same since KGI legal shut down the BS Forum. I'd fought for its restoration after being shut down by the actions of an idiot and won. Then another idiot came along and that was it. I lost thousands of posts I'd intended to save and put in a book dedicated to PWK and free speech. 

Anyway, you guys carry on. I'll lurk from time to time and look forward to seeing you at gatherings. I know PWK would understand my actions and hope my old friends will as well. 

Dave

-30-

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

After well over 22000 posts, (5k more of which of which were deleted by the PC  Police on orders of legal) I find it time to bow out. KGI is no  more and PWK would turn over in his grave at the attitudes of the Forum members. I loved it all and made so many great friends here. I'll still go to Forum gatherings but not Klipsch sponsored. I'm for resuming the Forum sponsored Pilgrimages and would be happy to help given I have experience with them. I am NOT really mad at anyone, but certainly upset with many of my old friends who blow off newbie questions and run off many members. Recently I posted in the 2 Channel Forum that someone needed to post how to connect Heritage speakers for a two channel system and it was roundly scoffed at by many folks I consider friends. They said "That's the dealers job" and "If they can't do that they shouldn't have Heritage" etc. That did it. When we forget PWK and how we all started out that's just too much. Also, it has just not been the same since KGI legal shut down the BS Forum. I'd fought for its restoration after being shut down by the actions of an idiot and won. Then another idiot came along and that was it. I lost thousands of posts I'd intended to save and put in a book dedicated to PWK and free speech. 

Anyway, you guys carry on. I'll lurk from time to time and look forward to seeing you at gatherings. I know PWK would understand my actions and hope my old friends will as well. 

Dave

-30-

Agree with what you’re saying. Why not start your own forum and run it the way you want it? Just a thought...
Happy New Year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

After well over 22000 posts, (5k more of which of which were deleted
Dave

-30-

Dave   this data that you need for your   PWK book  may not be an issue with LEGAL , but someone must do the work , it's not easy to access the data unless you are Authorized on the IT side -

I can help you with  this kind of work , if  IT  is willing to give You access to the database , I can store the data on a  Secure -Web back-up server and give you access remotely  , anytime my Friend , you got my number  -

• Like 2

It is sometimes alarming how inexperienced today's HiFi newcomers are. The "MP 3 generation" lacks the most basic technical knowledge.  Also, some assistance from members are just as questionable as pointless. But this is the same problem in all audio forums in the world. There is just a generation change to the complete digital audio world. The classic analog audio techniques are only lived and appreciated among enthusiasts and older Klipsch generations. The values that we and PWK represent are becoming less and less important and will soon be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, this train can no longer be stopped.

But I also think the topic structures in this forum are in need of revision. Too often the same questions are asked although the topics have long been treated countless times. A newbie can thus use and find no existing information to his question, because he is not ready to search hundreds of pages to see his individual question answered in an already existing thread.  

Also, it is normal that a newbie, when he sees his questions answered rarely or never appears in this forum. This also happens in all forums in the world. Many then just read along to inform themselves in general. Many also do not have the courage to share their experiences in a forum openly or shy away from technically demanding discussions because they lack basic knowledge.

Wishing you all the best @Mallette.

• Like 4

Not that I'm a fan of China....or even know if this came from there.  I once read/heard there's an old Chinese proverb (or something with wisdom) that said anytime a person passes away, it's like losing a book (of their collective knowledge, wisdom and experiences)

Any time someone leaves the forum (for whatever reason(s)) it's like losing a book.

Keep us posted with your Cliff Notes from time to time.  don't let us lose the book.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Sounds more like a forum member issue than a Klipsch issue.

Ahhh, no! I posted in a thread that was a newbie asking about one brand of sub vs another. He wasn't fully horn loaded already told the high points of the brand I use. Commented that there was a lil Mike's micro wrecker for sale in the garage area. Said at that price if he was near that state to jump on it! Looked at that thread again as it was highlighted earlier. My post was gone from there! I even mentioned at the end that I had no affiliation with that person up at the Great Lakes. You could ask him! So trying to help two different people I believe is a nice thing to do. It triggered someone. The post is gone! Pc will destroy these forums, what I did was not a threat to them! @Mallette is one of the good ones we're losing. Whomever is forcing this bad policy should be the one shown the door!          

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

I can help you with  this kind of work , if  IT  is willing to give You access to the database , I can store the data on a  Secure -Web back-up server and give you access remotely  , anytime my Friend , you got my number  -

Appreciated. but Audiovox is unlikely to do that, even if Chad didn't delete it. Sad situation.

Dave

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Dave

-30-

I will miss your chili.