Leaving the Forum

Mallette

Each of the other audio related forums I occasionally visit has its strengths and weaknesses, but, IMO, NONE is better than this Forum.  Legitimate and sincere questions on other forums can be ignored for days, or weeks,  before finally being scolded by someone for asking the question and/or for not adequately using the forum’s search function before asking the “silly” question.

The high activity of this Forum produces relatively quick responses, many useful, some less so.  Frankly, anyone who ventures onto social media platforms must quickly learn to distinguish between those who sincerely offer genuine help from those individuals who enjoy making themselves feel important by trying to make others feel small.  Those who can’t perform that calculation are doomed to disappointment on the Internet.

The only way to completely avoid the rude or self important is to completely avoid the Internet.  Unfortunately, by doing so, you would also avoid the helpful knowledgeable assistance from friendly individuals willing to learn from others, and with whom there can be polite disagreement.

I know, TLDNR. 😏

• Like 6

Dave must have noticed the constant influx of new members, especially this time of year. Yes some slip through the cracks.

Enjoy greeting them and there are others better at helping. Think we all get around to helping newbies, some more than others. There are many here that do. I notice some here along with experienced new here hope out quite alot. Not perfect but, we are volunteers.

So, yes...

• Like 5

So Dave, before you go I have a couple of questions.

Is Mallette frenchie for mallet?

Are you the guy selling the hot sauce?

🙂

Be well my friend, and never say never.

(Moolah sent.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Dave must have noticed the constant influx of new members, especially this time of year. Yes some slip through the cracks.

Enjoy greeting them and there are others better at helping. Think we all get around to helping newbies, some more than others. There are many here that do. I notice some here along with experienced new here hope out quite alot. Not perfect but, we are volunteers.

So, yes...

Nearly all of the forums I have been a part of have these same issues.  On another site where I am active, they tried to solve it by building a sub topic for new people to say hello.  They loaded that forum with a bunch of pinned threads that answered most all of these beginner questions, and newbies were pointed to this area and asked to read those threads.  This area of the forum was marked "Flame Free", and old timers that jumped salty in that area were relegated to the Gulag for a week.  They learned pretty quickly to be nice in that forum.  Anything silly or stupid outside of that area was open to snark and ridicule.

Most new members ignored this sage advice, and constantly posted threads asking the same questions that were already covered.  The smart (wise?) ones actually read the threads, and knew the answers before posting.  Those were the guys that stuck around. 

There is no way to fix the willful ignorance on the part of the others.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oicu812 said:

Nearly all of the forums I have been a part of have these same issues.  On another site where I am active, they tried to solve it by building a sub topic for new people to say hello.  They loaded that forum with a bunch of pinned threads that answered most all of these beginner questions, and newbies were pointed to this area and asked to read those threads.  This area of the forum was marked "Flame Free", and old times that jumped salty in that area were relegated to the Gulag for a week.  They learned pretty quickly to be nice in that forum.  Anything silly or stupid outside of that area was open to snark and ridicule.

Most new members ignored this sage advice, and constantly posted threads asking the same questions that were already covered.  The smart (wise?) ones actually read the threads, and knew the answers before posting.  Those were the guys that stuck around. 

There is no way to fix the willful ignorance on the part of the others.

There is much to what you say.

When no one answering more than can help with, have pointed out the vast archive here. A search can usually do it.

Alot of the questions are generic or common topics. And then some are unique. Cool...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oicu812 said:

The other issue is the fact that this is a Klipsch owned and operated site.  Their playground, their ball and bat, their rules.

Maybe a dugout needed. A power hitter. Next up billybob admits don't know much but, a strikeout king...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

So, yes...

You sure do more than your share helping new people around here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

You sure do more than your share helping new people around here.

Appreciate that but, generally call in others. What have learned if anything else is just responding.

Not about me. Making friends with Klipsch speakers...I get excited as well as others.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Yes....^^^ and the vast knowledge that is available here...I think it pertains to audio, not just Klipsch 🙂

Almost nothing here pertains to "just Klipsch." If you get the vast knowledge here you get Klipsch. If it ain't Klipsch, it's krap.

Dave

Please do NOT offer to invest here. I actually obey the TOS even though I don't  like  most of it. PM me if you want a piece of this and don't expect it to pay off immediately. It will not take long, but we will not IPO until we are ready.

Dave

Wish this did not have to go down this way Dave, but I understand. It's not the same place we joined almost what, 19 years ago. I came along in March 2002 and you popped in a couple months later.

Dammit I hate change.

The best to you!

Jordan

• Like 1