Leaving the Forum

Mallette

17 minutes ago, jorjen said:

Wish this did not have to go down this way Dave, but I understand. It's not the same place we joined almost what, 19 years ago

Agreed. But if we can get Klipsch back into Klipsch hands (like and employee and Forum buyout) we can get back to what PWK build and intended...and start making EVERYTHING in Hope like he did. 

Dave

4 hours ago, Mallette said:

BTW, the treatment of newbies that irritates me is NOT the ribbing, even snarky and cranky ribbing. It's the arrogance and failing to serve them. There is no such thing as a stupid question about audio (other than who makes the best speakers) and all should be addressed...even with snark! The question I suggested was a common one concerning hooking up K'horns for use as a two channel system is a good example. It is NOT easy for a newbie. If someone will address it I will pin it and you will be famous.

Dave

don´t wanna be famouse.....grant you only one last wish

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mallette said:

BTW, the treatment of newbies that irritates me is NOT the ribbing, even snarky and cranky ribbing. It's the arrogance and failing to serve them. There is no such thing as a stupid question about audio (other than who makes the best speakers) and all should be addressed...even with snark! The question I suggested was a common one concerning hooking up K'horns for use as a two channel system is a good example. It is NOT easy for a newbie. If someone will address it I will pin it and you will be famous.

Dave

The only stupid question is the question not asked. 

• Like 1

I can see your points, and understand why you feel like you do.

I try to be helpful to newbies asking questions, because as far as I know someone is taking over a nice Heritage set up that his grandpa left him. If we all become snobs towards the uninformed, this hobby is dead.

Try going into the Klipsch Owners FB group some time. It’s like attack dogs waiting to pounce. If you disagree with someone’s views, you are ridiculed. If you prefer SS amps to tubes, or Vice versa you are ridiculed. Heck someone just asked what people prefer in an AVR, Yamaha or Denon. Two days running now with people posting about why the guy should invest in a full separate stack of McIntosh gear, Rotel, Sony, etc.

In the day and age we are in, everyone sitting in the basement on mommy’s iPad wants to be heard. Nobody accepts being wrong. It’s insane.

Heck Paul’s “Bullshit” pins surely offend someone

If you don’t come in armed to argue your points, or cave to others ideas, you might as well not come in at all. It’s not just this forum, it’s pretty much every forum.

Wishing you the best Dave

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

yeah, Tim did nail it.  people are funny.  I once bought an absolutely beautiful BMW 5 Series and someone told me "I think my Charger is better."  I'm like fine you should like your car better. Doesn't mean I can't like mine.

I never understood crapping on someone else just to make yourself look good. We all have different tastes and different budgets and we buy what we like with what we can afford. Those that aren't as blessed financially or as knowledgable on a product should still be allowed to enjoy it without being mocked. 

isn't it funny that the smartest people with the most to offer humanity end up choosing public forums to teach the rest of us?

I've met a million personalities in my life and most are decent folk. I try to be cool -- sometimes I fail. I guess we all do. 

• Like 1

David, it's not often ya run into someone from DINFOS ANY where and i want you to know the pleasure was all mine!  You're a good man Charlie Brown and hopefully some day we'll bump.  The Chili recipe?  The darkroom timer part DID make me LOL.  Wish you the best and make sure to stop back in once in a while.  God's speed young soldier!   :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

it's not often ya run into someone from DINFOS ANY where

I nearly became a photo-journalist in my military days.  that's what I wanted; but the wait to get into the school was estimated to be over three years and patience isn't my strong suit. 

in hindsight, wish I would have went. 

28 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I nearly became a photo-journalist in my military days.  that's what I wanted; but the wait to get into the school was estimated to be over three years and patience isn't my strong suit. 

in hindsight, wish I would have went. 

Computers hadn't happened yet, but I already knew somehow about hacking the system. I told my local recruiter I wasn't going except to AFRTS. I was draft fodder, but he didn't know that so he got me in for a recording and I signed within two weeks on delayed entry. Wound up with combat pay and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry. Not a bad war all things considered. As I said at the time, a shitty little war but the only one they gave us.

Dave

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Computers hadn't happened yet, but I already knew somehow about hacking the system. I told my local recruiter I wasn't going except to AFRTS. I was draft fodder, but he didn't know that so he got me in for a recording and I signed within two weeks on delayed entry. Wound up with combat pay and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry. Not a bad war all things considered. As I said at the time, a shitty little war but the only one they gave us.

Dave

Coast Guard sends students to Ft. Meade now; but back when I was interested the school was at Fort Benjamin Harrison in Indiana. I spent most of my career writing.  If I had a dollar for every award citation that I've written, I'd be a rich man. 

18 hours ago, teaman said:

Try going into the Klipsch Owners FB group some time. It’s like attack dogs waiting to pounce. ... Heck someone just asked what people prefer in an AVR, Yamaha or Denon. Two days running now with people posting about why the guy should invest in a full separate stack of McIntosh gear, Rotel, Sony, etc.

We do much better here.  Someone says they want some Heresys and they are told to buy bi amped jubilees with active x-overs. 

Anyway, will miss you Dave.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2