A/V goals for 2021?

wuzzzer

Anyone have any small or large audio/video goals for 2021?  Here's a few of mine:

- Find a replacement for my Synergy S2 rear surrounds.  Hoping for a deal on an early Reference bookshelf pair to match my RS-7 side surrounds.

- Rearrange my front stage, experiment with different placement options for my subs and Heresys. 

- Semi-professionally calibrate my new TV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baron167 said:

New 4k 65” or 75” TV Q or OLED UHD HDR with 120/240 refresh Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos.
Cornwall Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I'm really really enjoying my Hisense 65H9G.  I know the brand name isn't there but it's pretty amazing at its price. 

• Like 2

Maybe an AVR that supports 4k in on my main level.

Currently working on different drivers and amps for my system in the basement. Once that is done, I will hopefully finish the sound panels and fine tuning the system.

I would say sound treatment and fine tuning my system to get the most out of it would be my top priorities at this time.

If I win the lottery
Jubilees
Cornwall IV
Heresy IV
4k projector
New pre/pro
4k player
Maybe Forte IVs
Maybe a bigger house.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have to say, I'm really really enjoying my Hisense 65H9G.  I know the brand name isn't there but it's pretty amazing at its price. 

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been looking beyond Samsung and LG, but have not looked at the Hisense in detail, yet. And now to go down that rabbit hole...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not to be obsequious... I am hoping to complete combining HT and 2 channel marriage using newer technologies for video and multi channel modes, while connected to my Luxman R-117 which does 2 channel very well including 2 sub woofers.  Adding six more channels that come close to the R-117 is the trick.

83" TV !!

Think I saw one of those in the back of a truck going down the street Christmas Eve. Not an exaggeration but it almost dwarfed the new-ish F-150 it was in the back of, huge.

My goals are simple. Get a new place with excellent acoustics in under 1000 square feet... just me so I don't need an office or living & dining rooms just separate bath and bedrooms. Maybe with a great buffer between neighbors.

Get the rig set up again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 1/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, wuzzzer said:

Anyone have any small or large audio/video goals for 2021?

Hopefully nothing breaks and I will be perfectly happy.

And maby get wifi to the workshop, is all I can think of.

• Like 4

If I win the lottery.....

A barn Conversion

So I can pack it full of gear that is wired so I can listen to all of it.

Pair of Jubes

Would probably need a larger TV in the middle.

I once saw listed a pair of Altec Bass horns, exponential?, standing about 8 ft tall and 2ft wide, guess about 8 ft deep, 1 or 2 driver.

I want a pair of those for watching The War of the Worlds 1953

movies-the-war-of-the-worlds-1953_orig.j

Jeff Wayne - The Eve of the War (Official Audio) ft. Richard Burton, Justin Hayward

•Jan 30, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poii8JAbtng

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I should get my 30x40 building up this year, which I'll put the Heresy's I'm almost done refinishing in for tunes.  I also plan to refinish my La Scalas with all the space. Otherwise, I'm happy with what I have.  I *may* build a subwoofer or two to compliment the Heresy's... 

• Like 1

Number one goal is to sell more stuff so I don't have things laying around anymore, and then using the funds, without any guilt, to get higher quality components for streaming and better DAC's for the musical library.  Depending on some other factors, possibly a set of 402's and a super MWM build, but that's really not a specific goal for 2021.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 1/3/2021 at 9:01 PM, RandyH000 said:

how far are you from the  Internet  connection ?   and how fast is the internet ?

About 80-90 feet, the internet speed is ok. I tried a repeater on the corner of the house before the shop was built and the signal was good, but being a metal building might cause a problem. I can have the 10'x9' door open but not always, with that door open it would be a straight open shot through the air. I used the same repeater to get to the bar about 4o' feet in the other direction through a window..

I need to try the repeater again since it has metal on it now, I had seen some stronger repeaters. I would hate to run another line out there and need another router or something, it's just to stream music with a laptop. 

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

About 80-90 feet, the internet speed is ok.

--------say , 100 feet  , -The ideal  is not WIFI  , but 1 or 2 outdoor waterproof Total burial internet Cat 6  cables running from the house , no headaches ---you can bury it , or run it from a post  , plug and play --- Ebay -39$ with 2 RG-45 plugs -  100 feet -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Ft-Gel-CAT6-Copper-Outdoor-Direct-Burial-Cable-waterproof-Ethernet-network/333821559130?hash=item4db950c15a:g:FwYAAOSwHVVf0ytD

• Like 1