A/V goals for 2021?

wuzzzer

• Moderators
17 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

--------say , 100 feet  , -The ideal  is not WIFI  , but 1 or 2 outdoor waterproof Total burial internet Cat 6  cables running from the house , no headaches ---you can bury it , or run it from a post  , plug and play --- Ebay -39$ with 2 RG-45 plugs -  100 feet -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Ft-Gel-CAT6-Copper-Outdoor-Direct-Burial-Cable-waterproof-Ethernet-network/333821559130?hash=item4db950c15a:g:FwYAAOSwHVVf0ytD

Thanks, it may be what I have to do. The internet cable comes in on the front of the house but the router and wife boxes are about in the middle, I would need something (?) to connect to that cable like the router is inside, if I tied into that cable before the router, I guess. 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, baron167 said:

New 4k 65” or 75” TV Q or OLED UHD HDR with 120/240 refresh Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos.
Cornwall Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a 110" set?

https://www.engadget.com/2013-12-29-samsung-110-inch-uhd-tv.html#:~:text=Samsung's 110-inch Ultra HDTV is the world's,largest%2C and it goes on sale Monday

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just getting closer... Luxman R-117 is in with tech for a full refresh, can’t wait to get it back. Got an Outlaw 5000. 5 channel power amp for the rest of the channels and just picked up a Sony 55 inch OLED tv to finish things off. Now we have to do wiring, wall mount(s), furniture, painting and decorating.  Budget is nearly depleted! Oh, and build Heresy clones with son-in-law to be. 

• Like 2

I want to test the "Active Speaker" market this year. I have owned pretty much every Klipsch consumer and pro speakers along with various amps. pre's and DACS. I like the simplicity and and lack of "noise" in the signal chain an all active setup offers. So I would say my goal for this year is to find an active speaker I can live with and sell pretty much everything else.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, The Dude said:

Maybe an AVR that supports 4k in on my main level.

Currently working on different drivers and amps for my system in the basement. Once that is done, I will hopefully finish the sound panels and fine tuning the system.

I would say sound treatment and fine tuning my system to get the most out of it would be my top priorities at this time.

If I win the lottery
Jubilees
Cornwall IV
Heresy IV
4k projector
New pre/pro
4k player
Maybe Forte IVs
Maybe a bigger house.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Well it has been an interesting first half of the year, though I didn't win the lottery, I did get a decent bonus that allowed the following

New Marantz AVR for the living to go with the new Cornwall IVs.

I did replace the amps in the basement with 1 more to go.  Not sure if that will happen yet this year as I really want to finish the sound panels and fine tune the system.  We still have 5 months to go, so who knows what happens next...come on lotto numbers, daddy needs more speakers. 

• Like 1

I'll soon reoccupy the music room in my house next door. The walls have two layers of 1/2" sheetrock covered with two layers of 1/2" commercial soundboard, with carpeting and acoustical ceiling tile. I've been waiting for a roofer for almost six months, and finally, the nail gun is popping in the background. We've had to wait to finish putting down the hardwood floor in the living room and to paint the walls and retile spots in the music room ceiling due to leaks. I still haven't even hooked-up the 396s, 362s and sub that I got about a year ago. I'll use either my 201s or 250s in the center. The Khorns will go over there for two channel.

I'm still a couple of months of work away, but a lot less frustrated than I have been.

SSH

• Like 1

was very tempted last week, saw on craigslist (Portland) someone selling KHorns for $1200.  Ad claimed they worked perfectly; but there were some water marks on the top (pictures showed potted plants on top of speakers).   if they indeed worked perfectly, that would be a nice deal. 

1 minute ago, richieb said:

I thought it was de rigueur that pre-owned Klipsch Heritage came with water stained tops. So much so that value decreases when no stains are present. The previous owner had to have been up to no good - 

I had to pass because I have NO plants in my house so I couldn't cover up those stains by putting my own potted plants over the stains. and I used to be man of the people -- I've lost touch.

• 1 month later...

I usually pick up around 100 CDs a year to listen to

then rip onto my server

In the past 6 months I had to collections fall into my lap

500 rock, mowtown, 80-90s CDs from a professional singer who looked like the singer from Journey

3-400 CDs from a DJ in the new age genre, lots of harp, piano, acoustic etc, all good.

Throw in a few boxes of new vinyl

Doubt I can list to all of them in 2-3 years

then I will need a place to file

Perhaps a bigger house for more audio gear and storage

• Like 2