50 years ago was 1971

rplace

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

it was definitely a very good year for rock.  YES Fragile saw to that. 

😎

8 )Many acts were on two albums a year contracts, which meant they were extra productive at their most creative age. In 1971 Yes produced The Yes Album and Fragile, Paul McCartney did Ram and Wildlife while The Faces did two of their own and also played on Rod Stewart’s breakthrough.span widgetspan widgetspan widget

• Like 1

the entire 70's were special  ,  but  from 71 through 75  ------it was really fantastic    as the Vietnam war was finally over /the Draft , the Peace and Love movement -it was a time of peaceful contestation and great music  , the kids weren't giving up until something was gonna change -

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rplace said:

Could 1971 be the best year in music? I'm gonna buy the book.

#48 & 62 are my favorites

https://www.loudersound.com/features/71-reasons-why-1971-is-rock-s-greatest-ever-year

“62) When Linda Ronstadt played Disneyland in spring 1971 (with two members of the Eagles in her backing band) the contract stipulated she had to wear a bra.”

Walt wouldn’t let her have a mustache either.  Did Minnie wear a bra?  What’s with Donald and no pants?  Talk about sexism?

• Haha 1

I remember living in Bad Godesberg,  Germany in 1971 and I wanted to be a Hippy and my mom would give me a crew cut...Cut to 2020 and my hair has grown to the point my wife gave me a haircut because it was as long as it's ever been and I'm starting to "look like a Hippy." Crazy 50 years...Happy New year!

• Like 1