New Here and New to Tubes.

Pezcore67

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Welcome to the Forum Pez!

Buying gear and up-grading your system is much like feeding an elephant.  Small bites.

I've had my Linn table for 40 yeas and jumped into La Scala's.  Wanted a warmer sound with tubes and decided to go with an entry-level Prima Luna Integrated from Upscale Audio.  Gave the bottom of the food chain a shot 4 years ago.  This spring I'm goin to the top of the PrimaLuna food chain!  Amazing sound and you can slam friends into the wall if you want to with just a twist of the volume.  It's DEAD quiet and sonically amazing!.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  It's a working man's McIntosh.

Do your research but many in here have jumped over to PrimaLuna.  Paired w/Klipsch it's a match made in heaven for ME.  Your ears.  I hope you find what YOU'RE looking for.

Thats exactly how I'm doing it, thats how I ended up with the Forte IIIs. I bought the Fortes last year and now I want to try a tube amp. I really like the Primalunas but the top of the food chain on that one is a lot of money, that being said I think a McIntosh is a bit out of reach me so we'll see how it goes. 

Hi Pezcore67,

I came over from a Pioneer SX-1980 Receiver to a Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated Tube Amp.

Also playing through my Klipsch Forte III's sounding brilliant.

No regrets on my decision to change to Tubes. Absolutely fantastic!

Now about to 'Tube Roll' to explore more sound avenues.

20180131_104802.jpg

• Like 3

There ya go Pez!  ^^^^^^^^  Start somewhere in the food chain and go up.  You'll be impressed w/the entry level integrated.  UNLESS you want you're gear for "show n tell."  I used to have a "show n tell" system.  Now I'm sneaky and they're like "How much was that amp?  An integrated?  Never heard of it!"  It's fun peeling them off the wall with their grin on!  Slow and easy right to the top of the food chain man!  I was always told to never mix solid state w/tubes though some say it's fine to do that.  Dunno.  Whatever ya do ENJOY!  

7 hours ago, Pezcore67 said:

Thats exactly how I'm doing it, thats how I ended up with the Forte IIIs. I bought the Fortes last year and now I want to try a tube amp. I really like the Primalunas but the top of the food chain on that one is a lot of money, that being said I think a McIntosh is a bit out of reach me so we'll see how it goes. 

I bought the PL EVO 300 Integrated--it has not been shipped yet.

I can use it with the pre out on my Marantz.

I can also use it as a Pure tube amp for streaming or anything else.

It has all the features of the 400 with less power.

When using the HT inputs the PL becomes a Power Amp.

Plus it plays in Ultra Linear or Triode Mode.

You can do it all.