Klipsch Cornwall Speakers

Lingo

50 minutes ago, Lingo said:

New to forum

Klipsch Cornwall Speakers, CD-BR, purchased 12/1977, one owner, very good condition.  Husband loved these, downsizing.  Is there a market for these?  If so, suggestions on pricing and where/how to sell.

IMG_3390.heic 503.79 kB · 14 downloads

Welcome to the Forums, There is a huge market for Klipsch in general and the Cornwall is no exception. Condition and Location make all the difference in the world when discussing Value. 

Where are you Located ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lingo said:

Klipsch Cornwall Speakers, CD-BR, purchased 12/1977, one owner, very good condition

CD - BR means those are Cornwall Decorators and the finish is Birch Raw.

That finish is common and Cornwall's have good market desirability.  When selling used speakers condition is everything.  If yours are in VG condition you should be able to find a Buyer. 

Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace are two good places to start for local selling.  Stay away from Ebay due to high Ebay fees.  Those are very large and most people don't want to pay the high price of shipping.  It would typical to advertise "local pickup only."

I track confirmed selling prices for those speakers.  In Good condition Cornwalls average $851.  A typical Buyer will want them for $750 and a typical Seller wants $950.  A sale in that range is considered Fair Market Value.  If you lower your price they will sell more quickly, perhaps within a week.  At the upper end of the price range it may take longer, perhaps a month.

Whenever someone adds GLWYS that usually means they are not interested in Buying but they are wishing you Good Luck With Your Sale.  I am in the GLWYS category so I feel I can give you advice and you can know it is not self-serving advice.  I would say that is true of most all the guys who post here, including the ones who may be interested in buying.

They are your speakers and you may sell them for whatever you want.  The actual worth is whatever a willing Seller and a willing Buyer can agree to.

I'm sorry for the loss of your husband.  He obviously loved good sound. 

• Like 3

Thank you for your responses; very helpful.  Located in California.  In my initial post I attached one picture as there is a max file size.  The BR = birch raw....does that mean it wasn't finished? As shown in the attached file, the wood on top of the speakers is very nice.  Husband had a nice fabric added with wood trim to the front of the speakers.

I have pictures of both speakers showing the wood on sides and top, the fabric front covering, and the pamphlet and warranty card showing where/when purchased.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

What’s your location? Maybe someone close to you could help? I do this many times here around Orlando. And I help people find things that they are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Lingo said:

Thank you for your responses; very helpful.  Located in California.  In my initial post I attached one picture as there is a max file size.  The BR = birch raw....does that mean it wasn't finished? As shown in the attached file, the wood on top of the speakers is very nice.  Husband had a nice fabric added with wood trim to the front of the speakers.

I have pictures of both speakers showing the wood on sides and top, the fabric front covering, and the pamphlet and warranty card showing where/when purchased.

Sounds good. Do you have any more questions?

6 hours ago, Lingo said:

any way you can post a few pictures - thank you

looks like a Klipsch Cornwall Decorator with a Lazer badge ,  and a removable lambswool grille,  the top panel has some kind of Marquetry , I am wondering if these are Verticals or simply Decorators

16 hours ago, Lingo said:

New to forum

Klipsch Cornwall Speakers, CD-BR, purchased 12/1977, one owner, very good condition.  Husband loved these, downsizing.  Is there a market for these?  If so, suggestions on pricing and where/how to sell.

IMG_3390.heic 503.79 kB · 59 downloads

I am in California and posted back in June of this year that I was looking for Cornwalls. I messaged you my email. I am very interested. 

Thank you

Charlie

On 1/2/2021 at 2:37 PM, wvu80 said:

I track confirmed selling prices for those speakers.  In Good condition Cornwalls average $851.  A typical Buyer will want them for $750 and a typical Seller wants $950.  A sale in that range is considered Fair Market Value.  If you lower your price they will sell more quickly, perhaps within a week.  At the upper end of the price range it may take longer, perhaps a month.

Hi. I'm seeing prices higher than that on eBay. Where can I find Cornwalls listed for the prices that you mention?

I'd be interested in these, but I'm in Maryland, so I guess that makes it tougher.

Thanks!

Aaron

Edited by aaronhirsch
Added a comment.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, aaronhirsch said:

Hi. I'm seeing prices higher than that on eBay. Where can I find Cornwalls listed for the prices that you mention?

I'd be interested in these, but I'm in Maryland, so I guess that makes it tougher.

Thanks!

Aaron

Hi Aaron.  Welcome to the forum!

If you are going to use Ebay as a price guide I suggest you go to SOLD prices, and not just the posted price.  Ebay prices SOLD tend to be about 30% higher than FB Marketplace or Craigslist.  Ebay has very high fees for Sellers.  Have you used Search Tempest to search for speakers?  It's a nice tool.

When I post a pricing average it is based on confirmed sales.  There are certain areas where prices are HIGHER than my spreadsheet numbers and some places where it is lower.  There really is a technique to find deals on-line.  Our forum buddy @Youthman offers a course on how to find deals.  You might PM him or find him on Facebook under the Youthman name to see what he's got going.

Here's my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  It's a good research tool. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-11.xlsx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I think the prices of just about anything nice has gone up in the pass year or so.

So it might be hard to go by older data. If anything, start higher than usual.

That's not a bad thought.  I've been trying to re-think the spreadsheet so it will give a historical average which is usually stable over time, and I'd like an average of the last 5 confirmed sales.

Using your idea directly above one might use Average + 10%,or whatever number.  Your thoughts for tweaks?

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think the prices of just about anything nice has gone up in the pass year or so. So it might be hard to go by older data. If anything, start higher than usual.

Ah even junk has gone up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

That's not a bad thought.  I've been trying to re-think the spreadsheet so it will give a historical average which is usually stable over time, and I'd like an average of the last 5 confirmed sales.

Using your idea directly above one might use Average + 10%,or whatever number.  Your thoughts for tweaks?

There have been some crazy prices on gear lately. So the standard idea on pricing gets thrown out of the window. I hope it gets back to something closer to what we're used to.

• Like 1