New hifi rack

AndreG.

14 hours ago, avguytx said:

Are you wanting an RtR?  I have a Revox A77 Mk IV that I am selling that I'll never use.  Needs to be updated of course.  ;)

Thanks but I have three Teacs.  Trouble is that techs are few and far between in this neck of the woods.  Competent ones even more so.  I had the grease from the pinch roller mechanism replaced in a Teac X10 with non hardening grease and the tech only charged me $405😑

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I had the grease from the pinch roller mechanism replaced in a Teac X10 with non hardening grease and the tech only charged me $405😑

I did my own on my 3340s. Used a solvent to flush out the hardened grease and replaced with new grease. Had a tech explain how to do it... (he was a member of my church)

• Like 1

When I attempt repairs there are usually several parts left😑  I love R2R and have had one (3300S) since 1973! Unfortunately the tape tension arm is loose and I have to put a spacer behind the arm.

If we had a local tech I would not hesitate to have one of my decks completely gone through. 

Okay......back to hifi racks. 

• Haha 1

When I attempt repairs there are usually several parts left😑  I love R2R and have had one (3300S) since 1973! Unfortunately the tape tension arm is loose and I have to put a spacer behind the arm.

If we had a local tech I would not hesitate to have one of my decks completely gone through. 

Okay......back to hifi racks. 

I have some projects like that... or just unfinished projects. I should finish them before I "depart".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tarheel said:

After 15 years of displaying my audio gear I went in a different direction.  The turn table certainly is not as convenient to use but I like the uncluttered look.

@Tarheel Beautiful equipment rack! DIY? If not, where did you find it?

Edited by Dman
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dman and welcome to the forum.  It came from Salamanderdesigns.com.  Configure shelves as you like plus the back panels are easily removed to facilitate wiring.  They often have sales and free shipping.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...