ODA, New Wierd Streaming and Speaker Service

thebes

Interesting approach with this new company. You buy their speakers, add a subscription and they stream you live concerts only using in-house talent, who(m) are paid from the streaming revenue.  Overall approach seems a bit too complicated for my tastes, and their speakers are just plain weird looking:

091020_ODA1917__21665.1601869124.jpg.8ec3937fb475cc71d70040a9eb929eae.jpg

In lieu of specs, since I couldn't find any, here's ODA's description of the speakers along with a pertinent Q&A:

"Oda Speakers are built using techniques drawn from traditional crafts like bookbinding, light aircraft construction, and, of course, luthiery.
They’re made of wood, glass, cotton, and steel: materials that are humble and human, not technological.
Simply put: They're built like instruments, so they make instruments sound beautiful."
Will the Oda Speakers replace my fancy stereo system?

"Our speakers are designed to create a strong feeling of presence, and to render voice and instrument in a beautiful, textured, way. They are designed for the music we present but they may not have the same bass response or frequency range of more general-purpose stereo systems."

• Like 1

Guessing they’re counting on the digital age group that’s pleased enough with their Alexa speakers performance. Seems like a novel collaboration between the entertainment crowd in need of a covid19 free market avenue and some techies. They’ve simply laid out a ‘range’ of prospective income streams and’ll take whatever they can get from any, or all. I’d wager their streaming service will work for any system..........  if not now certainly in time.

Must say a year ago I had a similar idea. Buy a toy guitar, remove the strings  and mount a full range speaker in it.

Or I could order 1000 guitar bodies in China, mount 5 inch coaxial speakers in them, and sell them for a 'audiophile speakers' to yuppy lawyers and docters.

Old Broken Guitar Given New Life as Speaker | Make:

• Like 1