Capacitor Rabbit Hole. Just How Do You Measure?

Dave A

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

don't call yourself a repair center if all you do is send out capacitor kits. 

JEM  Performance Audio is known in the North-East for servicing  klipsch Heritage products -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the AA   XO was operative on the mids and woofer but fainter on the tweeter and , the tweeter was not the issue , what is the only  part  left  ?  , the cap for the tweeter ----you want  to send in a crossover , pay shipping back and forth , plus labor , for 1 bad cap -----my  8 year old niece could have called this one  - 

You never fail to entertain me and I am shocked that a savvy tech guy like you would forget there are Zeners on that AA.

17 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

JEM  Performance Audio is known in the North-East for servicing  klipsch Heritage products -

I see where they've been selling them for a while.  Couldn't find anything about servicing other than the announcement that they now do crossovers.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I see where they've been selling them for a while. .

very long time --40 years - that 's excellent in any industry ,  Quick question Carl , is your Dealership for New Cars of a  Brand in particular -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the AA   XO was operative on the mids and woofer but fainter on the tweeter and , the tweeter was not the issue , what is the only  part  left  ?  , the cap for the tweeter ----you want  to send in a crossover , pay shipping back and forth , plus labor , for 1 bad cap -----my  8 year old niece could have called this one  - 

Your 8 year old niece would have missed the most obvious repair on these then.  Many times loosening and tightening the wire terminal screws fixes this.  That should be step one as it's the easiest thing to do and doesn't cost a cent.  Every 8 year old knows that.

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

very long time --40 years - that 's excellent in any industry ,  Quick question Carl , is your Dealership for New Cars of a  Brand in particular -

Randy, perhaps you need to read a bit more closely.  They do not say they have been selling or servicing for 40 years, only that they have "experience" for that time......so do I, as do many on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Dave A said:

It's about post count as far as I can tell. Veracity is not needed.

Dave, do you plan on purchasing a cap kit from them and doing some measurements, or is that already in the works?  I will be happy to contribute to that effort.....

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I am shocked that a savvy tech guy like you would forget there are Zeners on that AA.

I did ?  nope

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Details.......................

........the diodes.....

• dtel locked this topic