1957 Khorns for sale

Jefe

1 hour ago, kuisis said:

Unless you have recorded every single sale you can't say that is even the average cost. 

That's really not how it works. 

1 hour ago, kuisis said:

I would never sell mine for your average price.  I've had friends offer me two to three times what I've paid. 

If you paid half or a third of the market value, then I can see why. If you paid market value and refused to let them go for two to three times that, then that's a different story.

1 hour ago, kuisis said:

I wonder what my CP-1's are worth? They will be for sale soon. 

You attack his efforts, then ask that??

1 hour ago, kuisis said:

The list is a good starting point if someone knows absolutely nothing about Klipsch speakers.

I have been here long enough and have bought, sold and owned a few sets of Klipsch speakers. I still think that his list is a great reference. 
Why are you attacking what he has offered?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kuisis said:

The list is a good starting point if someone knows absolutely nothing about Klipsch speakers.

I record confirmed sales.  Nothing in my Heritage Prices spreadsheet is personal.

Speaking personally, I don't care what a specific speaker sells for.  The price is numbers on a page.

I like it when people challenge the numbers on the Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  It adds to part of my fun which is to try to value various Heritage models.  And you are right that the spreadsheet is of most value to those who are new to Klipsch Heritage.  How does a newbie value a Forte vs a Heresy?

He looks it up.  The spreadsheet is available free to anyone who asks.  If there is a better data source for confirmed sales, I say use that as well.

12 hours ago, Rick Fedorchak said:

Am I missing something?  I looked at the ad but don't see a price listed.

$8,000... no chit. Well, okay, ONLY $7,998

From his other ad:

1957 Klipschorns in original condition, the wood horns look and sound amazing. Serial numbers are 1279 & 1282. These incredible vintage speakers are now available. 480–399—5700.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:17 AM, kuisis said:

I will have to figure out how to post pics again.  Been a while.  Those look original, but the tops look like the back have bee cut from a point to be flat vs a triangle.  You can say anything is overpriced, but if someone is willing to pay the price then it isn't, I would't pay 9k for them for sure, but who's to say someone wouldn't pay it?

The easiest way to do pictures is in my signature at the bottom of this post.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...