Forte IV?

Like I said in another post.  The photos do not do these speakers justice.  The Cherry is what color Cherry should be , and that’s natural.   Not stained Cherry.   It is lighter than the photos suggest and it is beautiful.  Nice grain and perfect book matching .  I would say the fit and finish is better than the III.    You will love them.    I’m trying not to over analyze the sound and acclimate to them a little.  I watched a few movies through them and they really sounded awesome.  Explosions and gun shots were true to life with great impact. Then I played some familiar music and some new tracks and really liked what I heard.  

I can wait to get home and listen to them.  You will be happy you ordered them too! Enjoy!

You are going to love them....  ok now its time for my review.   They are awesome.  You need a pair !   Seriously I will spare all the superlatives and hyperbole and let those who hear them judge.   $4500 is not cheap but I feel they were worth the money.   I think they will be positively reviewed , except by ASR.... those guys are complete numbers dorks....do they even care what something actually sound like?     They ripped the Heresy IV.... I think they sound really good.   

I will share my review here as soon as I have them here and setup and dialed in. I think the synergy is going to be off the hook. They could arrive by next Monday whooooohoooooo and I have a few of my favorite vinyl records ready to needle drop and my Amazon “Stereo Demo” playlist ready to cue up.

I am hoping to have a very positive review to share with all you Klipsch geeks. If they suck I will quickly and quietly disappear never to post on this forum again.😝

601DC68C-65D5-4055-A4F1-388ED7DD83F5.jpeg

• Like 1

I am sad I will not be joining the Forte IV club. I returned the III's and instead went with Cornwall IV, mostly due to my lack in patience of waiting for the Satin Black Ash to be available, (and also saw my son poking at the passive radiator and that pushed me over the top). If they ever come out in matte black im going to get them...just
not sure how to sneak that by the wife.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darkscience said:

I am sad I will not be joining the Forte IV club. I returned the III's and instead went with Cornwall IV, mostly due to my lack in patience of waiting for the Satin Black Ash to be available, (and also saw my son poking at the passive radiator and that pushed me over the top). If they ever come out in matte black im going to get them...just

Congrats on your new Cornwall 4s and I’m sure they sound amazing.

8 minutes ago, Fido said:

Paducah Home Theate shipped my Forte IVs out on Monday and the shipping company just called and said they will be delivering them to me on Friday - Dang - That was fast. Great service. I already borrowed a dolly and anxiously await their delivery and getting them placed and dialed in.

PHT is hard to beat. And they'll show up unmarked. Now the waiting game......

I JUST received these from Paducah. It was my first time dealing with them, but they now have a life-long customer.  I really couldn't decide on a finish, they're all great, so I went with black since it's the most neutral and will go with anything. Also, scratches should be easier to touch-up and/or hide if necessary, not that I plan to have any.

I'm coming from RP-280Fs, which were my first Klipsch speakers, and I wanted more...a LOT more.  I hope these don't disappoint.

As a former drummer I prefer big bass and the high, shimmery sound of crash cymbals, Paiste in particular -- they sound like glass. 

Anyhoo....I'm letting them acclimnate to the room. (it's 20 here in sunny Buffalo), and then I'm gonna give 'em a try.  I'm will reserve judgement until they're broken-in a little.  I plan to follow-up with my thoughts if that will be helpful.

-Ed

pic.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:56 PM, Darkscience said:

I assure you that you won't be disappointed in the CW IV.

• Like 1

Ok, so I broke down and played a few minutes of my Van Halen I CD.  I like how it's recorded and thought that it would make a good candidate for first impressions since I know the disc fairly well.  I placed the speakers in an 8ft equalteral triangle, the same place where I had my RP-280Fs as seen in the pic above.  From there I moved them towards the back wall until they were about 6 inches away, and then I played around with towing them in slightly.  My first thoughts are that they like being near the wall and that the "center" was decent and present no matter where I placed them.  It seems that the "sweet spot" is much wider than I anticipated. I'm probably going to place a few shims under the front to see how they sound pointed upwards towards my ear a little more.  Regardless, I could immediately tell that these are capable of far more than my previous speakers -- bass, treble, mids -- everything is fuller and more authoritative if that makes sense. Right now I'm a happy camper and feel that they can only get better.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Newtson said:

Just ordered a pair of Forte IV from Upscale Audio.  Primaluna amp and Rega turntable.  First hi-fi for me in 30+ yrs.  I'm definitely pumped.

Hi Ken - I bought my EVO 400 from Upscale along with my phono preamp and my latest upgrade the 8  kt 150s - damn it sounds good. Great personal service from everyone at Upscale. Kevin and his staff are all awesome. I cant wait to get my Fortes - they are coming on Friday.

Congrats an enjoy your Primaluna - I love mine so much~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I was up til about 1 AM listening to mine last night.  I'm really happy with the IVs ,  money well spent.   My brother's jaw hit the floor when I played a few tracks that most speakers struggle to get right.....the Forte's sense of scale and dynamic range is amazing.   The sound big and bad.....  being a  family friendly forum its really hard to describe how awesome they are without using expletives......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ken Newtson said:

Just ordered a pair of Forte IV from Upscale Audio.  Primaluna amp and Rega turntable.  First hi-fi for me in 30+ yrs.  I'm definitely pumped.

Sounds like you made some excellent choices. From everything I have read the Forte 1V's are a perfect choice in sound for size. Most have to keep the boss of the house happy and let's face it the K'horns, LaScala's, and Cornwalls do not fit most women's décor.

15 hours ago, Signals said:

Ok, so I broke down and played a few minutes of my Van Halen I CD.  I like how it's recorded and thought that it would make a good candidate for first impressions since I know the disc fairly well.  I placed the speakers in an 8ft equalteral triangle, the same place where I had my RP-280Fs as seen in the pic above.  From there I moved them towards the back wall until they were about 6 inches away, and then I played around with towing them in slightly.  My first thoughts are that they like being near the wall and that the "center" was decent and present no matter where I placed them.  It seems that the "sweet spot" is much wider than I anticipated. I'm probably going to place a few shims under the front to see how they sound pointed upwards towards my ear a little more.  Regardless, I could immediately tell that these are capable of far more than my previous speakers -- bass, treble, mids -- everything is fuller and more authoritative if that makes sense. Right now I'm a happy camper and feel that they can only get better.  

Congrats, they sure look nice, you will love them.

13 hours ago, Ken Newtson said:

Sounds like a great rig. Upscale Audio is a great shop. Just a few minutes from my home. 

• Like 2