Forte IV?

I assure you that you won't be disappointed in the CW IV.

You were correct, and the finish work is nicer than my Forte III. They sound better than then my Forte III did out of the box, I imagine the Forte IV will sound close to this, congrats to everyone getting them. One of the initial things I noticed is the sound doesnt change as much as the III's did when walking around the room. Cya all. 8381c889afaa25bf7ca6cba681d372f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is one flaw, I did not want to bring it up because I do not know what I am going to do about yet. (Most likely nothing). The speakers are serial number matched, they match the boxes, the boxes match the two serial numbers that are suppose to be paired. BUT the veneer on the speakers are not bookmatched, not even close. I kinda like em that way, kind of like an error on a coin if you know what I mean. If the serial #'s were not matched I would raise hell, but this issue is meh, and I might even like it. The sound though, trying not to sound over top but HOLY COW! They sound so detailed and full. Love them.

Personally I would not sweet it too much. No one but yourself will ever notice. Supposedly  book matched is something Klipsch just started a few years ago. Shipping back and taking luck on new ones received without damage to me would be a worse situation. Miss the days when one just went to store and bought speakers in stock.  

Personally I would not sweet it too much. No one but yourself will ever notice. Supposedly  book matched is something Klipsch just started a few years ago. Shipping back and taking luck on new ones received without damage to me would be a worse situation. Miss the days when one just went to store and bought speakers in stock.  
I am scared of rolling the dice on new ones. I had some bad luck with the III's I had, the dealer keeps taking care of me though and I honestly do not like posting this kind of stuff but it is an issue. Not sure if I am allowed to mention dealer names or not but either way, they have some of the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. If I want new ones they will continue to send them to me until I am happy so not worried here. (Or give a discount). Kind of just wanted to see peoples reaction to it, I am a very forgiving person sometimes and a bad judge of when I need to fight for my rights so to speak.

Nope. Two folders, but no feet.  The folders (and the manual) are a nice touch though.  Very classy.

I'll just grab some from Home Depot.

Thanks very much for helping out.

(By the way, the poster was a nice touch too!)

Edited by Signals

Congrats on the speakers. Report back once you have a good handle on how they sound.

Shakey

Shakeydeal...dude...I never knew drums could sound this good from a speaker...for whatever reason, Metallica sounds insanely good on Klipsch Heritage Speakers. The experience is unreal. Klipsch is the best period, any of them, just get the highest and latest model you can afford at the time and you did good.

As I typed this the next song came on...man the guitars...im so happy guys thats all I can say. I have a feeling the AHB2 with its non existant of even hint of a hiss pairs well with super sensitive speakers. Although I have never heard tubes, I have a feeling the AHB2 comes close to the tube sound because its so clear. Maybe there are some other benefits from it being SS idk.

3 hours ago, Darkscience said:

Factory sealed boxes on pallets wrapped in plastic. 8d4b53ed6bce3c0b693528c968e76ee8.jpgce951676926575ef57eb7c7fcd5169e2.jpg

Darkscience --- Your photos look at least like the tops are bookmatched pretty closely to me - not perfect but pretty darn close. Am I missing something or are they not matched on your sides? Don't see photos of the sides so maybe that's what you are referring to?

Darkscience --- Your photos look at least like the tops are bookmatched pretty closely to me - not perfect but pretty darn close. Am I missing something or are they not matched on your sides? Don't see photos of the sides so maybe that's what you are referring to?
The sides are worse, but I could not get a good shot with the light I have. I will take more Saturday. But yea its two comepletely different veneers, the one with the tighter grain almost looks like oak on the sides. The one with the bigger hoops and bigger pores looks the same on the sides and is completely different. Like I said though I think I can live with it, but it is not what I expected when I paid. I also have a couple pair of Forte III's come through and I could not tell one speaker from the other due to the book matching.

Take a look at the lines that run accross the top of on speaker, those lines do not exist in the other one. If it was one of the other wood types it would be easier to see, here all we have to compare is the wood grain because the speakers are basically satin black with no detail.

You made me think about how to get a better shot. Here is one of the left side of each speaker, I used Flash and it worked well.03398f2f1e1460325237976fc57fada6.jpg12f7b823db2a77614f9f027fbe9dda3c.jpg

• Like 1