Forte IV?

Don't be worried, I'm sure that doesn't happen often...  I was wondering if the top of one of those black Cornwalls matched the bottom of the other .   The Cherry pair I got was ser# 0073 and 0074 and they look like identical twins.
I do not follow, do you mean maybe the veneer was installed upside down?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Not trying to stir the pot, but, if you paid full price and did not receive what was advertised, I would ask for at the minimum, B stock pricing. If you ever sell, your re-sale value will be lower. If the dealer is good they will give you the adjusted price and he can then fight with Klipsch for his credit. $4500.00 is a lot of money and you should get what you paid for.

I would take unmatched Cornwalls all day long for $4500 ;)

1 hour ago, Darkscience said:

@Fido You got me in suspense! Hope all is well.

Hi Dark - they arrived and they are gorgeous and its only been a few minutes but I already have some first impressions. There were a few things I wanted improved from my Forte 1s and in the initial listening I can clearly see some differences which I will expand upon in more detail very soon after i sit and listen more closely - stay tuned! lol

Heads up they were TOTALLY worth adding to my system.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Darkscience said:

I recorded with my Samsung 8 phone, use headphones and it will give you a sense. When the voice comes in the phone picked it up small but it almost sounds hes in the room trying to sing.

My kind of music!!

• Like 2

Ok its been a couple of hours since I unpacked the speakers and set them up and here are my first impressions and what I hoped would be different from my Forte 1s. First off they look beautiful. The veneer looks fantastic and are beautifully bookmatched.  I will take some pictures later today and post. the first thing I noticed was the BASS! Wow! I have a large HSU subwoofer and that goes down to the lowest registers. So there is plenty of bass below 30hz from my sub, but the new Forte 4s pump the bass above that at a much punchier place than the 1s did. Very powerful and clean and clear. So what bothered me about my Forte 1s was the soundstage and the IVs have a much wider soundstage and with much more depth. Also the main singers are much more centered along with instruments being better placed meaning not blending together - A guitar is to the left and the drum set is back in the right behind the frontmen. You get the idea - instead of everything blending together the players appear to be where they would be on stage. Depth of stage is much deeper than the 1s. Quite simply the Forte IVs sound spectacular. They are exactly what I was missing in my original Fortes and I am very satisfied and feel it was more than worth the $$$$. I also want to thank Cory at Paducah for great customer service and competitive pricing along with very quick delivery. They more than ROCK - I love it when something I want exceeds my expectations. They seem like so much bigger speakers than my 1s! I can not wait to get a few hundred hours on them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, Darkscience said:

I recorded with my Samsung 8 phone, use headphones and it will give you a sense. When the voice comes in the phone picked it up small but it almost sounds hes in the room trying to sing.

Hi Dark,

Nice choice of music and recording, it actually sounds live! Thanks.