Jump to content

Forte IV?


Buddy Shagmore
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, nglx said:

So, since new Jubilees are introduced in the Heritage for the 75th anniversary on CES, does it mean no Forte IV are introduced?

It appears that there will be no new Fortes introduced at CES this year - BOO!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 1/11/2021 at 11:28 AM, nglx said:

So, since new Jubilees are introduced in the Heritage for the 75th anniversary on CES, does it mean no Forte IV are introduced?

No. Feb. 4 (F4) is an evening you will want to save is all I can say, but trust me. 

 

Stay tuned . . . you will have your answers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I had no intention of buying new speakers.....I just went in to buy my daughter a sound bar.... Really , thats the only reason......   Then we started talking about the Heresy 4...  I listened to them, they were great.  Then I listened to the Forte III and had to have them.   Unfortunately they didn't have the finish I wanted.   So put a deposit down on the not  yet announced Forte IV....   I picked them up today and they are AWESOME ! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Steve. said:

Ok, so I had no intention of buying new speakers.....I just went in to buy my daughter a sound bar.... Really , thats the only reason......   Then we started talking about the Heresy 4...  I listened to them, they were great.  Then I listened to the Forte III and had to have them.   Unfortunately they didn't have the finish I wanted.   So put a deposit down on the not  yet announced Forte IV....   I picked them up today and they are AWESOME ! 

I love this post!

 

Sound Bar, H4, F3, got da F4 now. 

 

 

Wait, did you daughter get her sound bar?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Thank god. The III’s are/were.....well, not so good. I owned a pair for only a few months. Completely underwhelmed with their performance. 

Most people love the iiis —- what didn’t you like about them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Forte IV are anything but flat or dull.   It is lively and dynamic and never harsh or strained.   It sounds full and balanced at lower listening levels and sounds great at louder levels, never losing composure .   Best speaker I've ever owned and I've had a few over the last 40 years....  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Steve. said:

The Forte IV are anything but flat or dull.   It is lively and dynamic and never harsh or strained.   It sounds full and balanced at lower listening levels and sounds great at louder levels, never losing composure .   Best speaker I've ever owned and I've had a few over the last 40 years....  

Interesting take between how McBluemeter and Steve heard the Fortes! Unfortunately because of the pandemic my closest Authorized Klipsch Heritage Dealesrs have had their showrooms and listening rooms closed for months. I might just have to take a chance on them and hope they sound as good as Steve says.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Fido said:

Interesting take between how McBluemeter and Steve heard the Fortes! Unfortunately because of the pandemic my closest Authorized Klipsch Heritage Dealesrs have had their showrooms and listening rooms closed for months. I might just have to take a chance on them and hope they sound as good as Steve says.

I say do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve. said:

The Forte IV are anything but flat or dull.   It is lively and dynamic and never harsh or strained.   It sounds full and balanced at lower listening levels and sounds great at louder levels, never losing composure .   Best speaker I've ever owned and I've had a few over the last 40 years....  

That sounds like a solid recommendation there Steve.

Enjoy and let know if they get even better!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like @McBlueMeter does not like Fortes. That's fine, we all have our preferences. It could be one does not like the passive radiator or other design choices/tradeoffs of this particular speaker. You know, it could also be a cognitive basis. Unless you are doing a double blind and level matched test with a significant number of trails -- who the hell knows ones speaker preference. The mind is such a tricky devil. 

 

I bet the Forte IV's sound real nice. I have a pair of the Forte III's and with classic McIntosh tube magic -- they sound ok to me.

 

The definitive answer on high fidelity? I don't know. Probably not. Fun? Yes! Some may say they don't measure perfectly, but to me, I really like the dynamics and liveness they present. I can concur (in accordance with @Paducah Home Theater, the Forte III's become extremely music dependent at high volumes, >85DB for me.

 

I find the Forte III's really excel at generally normal listening levels. And with the right recording, sound amazing at all DB levels (up to your neighbors tolerance or your pain threshold -- whichever comes first). They are transparent and shine and excel up to the limit of a piece of music's recording/mastering quality. I tend to think their strengths are with simpler music that shows off how they can get the tone/voice right of a single/few instrument(s) (say less than 4). Acoustic guitar/vocal,  small jazz combo, female vocal, all sound amazing. With that said, I listen to a lot of rock, classic rock and indie rock and they handle these genres with aplomb. Another plus with the Forte III's, and I wonder if it is a typical Klipsch trait, is the excitement they can bring to music at moderate to low volumes -- a big plus for my wife.

 

Before I bought my Forte III's I took my dad to the World of McIntosh row home in SoHo (read NYC). There, I heard all the top line McIntosh and Sonos Faber offerings (including the mcintosh xrt2.1k's -- $130,000+). To me, my Forte's in my setup, bring a satisfactory experience. I am glad I can conceptualize and integrate into my sense of being the essence of  diminishing marginal returns/utility. My Forte's replaced a pair of Rega R5's. I also listened to the latest version of the Rega's, the RX5s, and I preferred the Forte's. My dad rocks Magneplanar 3.7's and felt the Forte's (while completely different) sounded favorably. Having heard both, I am happy with my choice (obviously, with my gear). 

 

I will say, I dream of the Cornwall IV's and when space permits -- I am all in. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...