WTB: Klipschorns in Southern California (or further)

driverdog

Looking to buy some used Klipschorns in Southern California (or somewhat further). Had to sell my first ones due to job loss, and am missing them dearly. Am able now to get another set. You think I have a reasonable chance of finding an older pair for no more than $3000? And anybody see any ?

thanks

Edited by driverdog

6 minutes ago, babadono said:

I am (will be) selling mine. I'm in SoCAL. There is a minor obstruction in my driveway that would stop you from picking them up currently. But it will be taken care of shortly. Pm if interested.

Eric, what's currently in your driveway....mountain of block?

17 minutes ago, babadono said:

Couple pallets of pavers and the gravel that was moved out of the way where the pavers are going.

File this under TMI

Building a foundation for a pair of MWM's eh?

we see how  you roll.

1 hour ago, driverdog said:

Looking to buy some used Klipschorns in Southern California (or somewhat further). Had to sell my first ones due to job loss, and am missing them dearly. Am able now to get another set. You think I have a reasonable chance of finding an older pair for no more than $3000? And anybody see any ?

thanks

these are 1990 khorns , I could barely read the tag at the back of the speaker -----but they are further away than Southern California ---I guess you now have 2 options to consider -

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/north-las-vegas-vintage-pair-kliphs/7243779044.html

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, driverdog said:

Thank you so much, Babadono, and thank you so much, TasDom and RandyH000! Shiva, you’re right, I’ve gotten a rapid awesome response! Weeks of looking with no luck, then this when I post here!

Quickly now, while the stars are aligned, ask the universe for something else.😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Couple pallets of pavers and the gravel that was moved out of the way where the pavers are going.

File this under TMI

To heck with the Khorns, the real question needing an answer - what’s taking you so damn long to finish that wall?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

To heck with the Khorns, the real question needing an answer - what’s taking you so damn long to finish that wall?

But seriously folks........I'd have never believed it except for the fact  I am doing it a wheelbarrow at a time.....does you know how much material goes behind a 3' retaining wall? We're getting rid of a lot of rocks and dirt, I tell you what.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, babadono said:

But seriously folks........I'd have never believed it except for the fact  I am doing it a wheelbarrow at a time.....does you know how much material goes behind a 3' retaining wall? We're getting rid of a lot of rocks and dirt, I tell you what.

Well, kinda. Not being as industrious as you I recently had a quote on a much shorter retaining wall. I had to pick myself off the floor at the number. And this was with a good friend recommended quote and then finding out he was my son in laws best friend. 
So either - 

- he didn’t care who I was or who I knew

- my friend or SIL told him what an asehole I am (how can that be)

- he figured out on his own what an asehole I am (see above)

You go man - 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

Well, kinda. Not being as industrious as you I recently had a quote on a much shorter retaining wall. I had to pick myself off the floor at the number. And this was with a good friend recommended quote and then finding out he was my son in laws best friend. 
So either - 

- he didn’t care who I was or who I knew

- my friend or SIL told him what an asehole I am (how can that be)

- he figured out on his own what an asehole I am (see above)

You go man - 

Welcome to 2021:)

Maybe somebody told 'em how loaded you are.

Babadono, I'm looking forward to picking up the Klipschorns from you when your driveway is clear again. Thank you so much! This page has been amazing, it took less than 10 minutes for me to find some Klipschorns! Thanks to everyone for their help. I'm so happy I'll have KHorns again!

• Like 1