Looking to determine the value of my Tangent5000 speakers, center channel, and floor standing sub

Tomas823

I am looking to sell my speaker set due to space constraints and seeking input related to the value of the set. I purchased the set together new in 1993 or 1994.  The black boxes, speakers, and grills are in great shape. I appreciate the feedback!!

I can’t seem to get a pic to upload, but have all s/n listed and pics of the speakers I can share separately. 

Speakers s/n - 213598652

sub s/n - RW12+++03500351

Center Channel - RC7BK - - 04010073

Thanks

Tomas

Edited by Tomas823
added condition
  • Like 1

I believe the T-5000s are essentially a forte in different cabinets.  fortes generally sell for $400-750 depending on condition.  I'd knock a little off that for the Tangent variation.

RW-12 sub $100-150

RC-7 $250-400

Location and condition will affect value.

10 hours ago, Tomas823 said:

I am looking to sell my speaker set

Tomas

Tomas , a Tangent  T5000 is a  double 12 inch woofer design with 1 active woofer and 1 passive woofer ---it was the Top of the line of the Tangent series  , the value is closer to a Forte 1 or Forte 2 speaker painted black  -

if the speakers are in great shape , grilles -badges - 750$ seems to be a fair price , it is the value of the internal parts ---woofers k28k 200$---K701-K53 Midrange 200$ -tweeters 100$ - crossovers -100$ - cabinets/ grilles 150$ --  the rest of  the speakers ---RW12-  and RC7 - Add 500$ -

-    1250$ as a total package -any questions , fell free to ask -

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomas823 said:

I am looking to sell my speaker set due to space constraints and seeking input related to the value of the set. I purchased the set together new in 1993 or 1994.  The black boxes, speakers, and grills are in great shape. I appreciate the feedback!!

I can’t seem to get a pic to upload, but have all s/n listed and pics of the speakers I can share separately. 

Speakers s/n - 213598652

sub s/n - RW12+++03500351

Center Channel - RC7BK - - 04010073

Thanks

Tomas

Tomas , you can place an ad for your speakers -  on the Garage Sale section of the Klipsch Forum  , please make sure to add your Location of Atlanta Georgia  , as Members of the forum close to you will be in contact  - 

-do not add any personal info such as a phone number or email for your protection , if any member wishes to reach you , they will always do so by PM  -

Thank You , and Welcome to the Klipsch Forum -

• Like 1

The T-5000 in good condition along with their grilles should fetch maybe between $350-

to approx. $500. The upper end would be a collector or naivete.

There is a nice pair listed on Craigslist, a similar model the

T-500 for $450 for months now.

Welcome to the forum!

BTW, being generous here.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

The T-5000 in good condition along with their grilles should fetch maybe between $350-$500

I would have to agree I think this price range is more inline with what I've seen but it never hurts to start off a little on the high end leave room to haggle and what not.

17 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the rest of  the speakers ---RW12-  and RC7 - Add 500$ -

That's probably accurate I'd give the RC-7 the majority of that value total package $800-$1000 assuming everything is in top shape would be fair IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

See the RC-7 typically for $4-500 around this state.

@jjptkd

Yeah that's what I figured the RW-12 sub isn't worth much at all I believe they were selling new for around $300 several years ago would almost consider that a throw in or maybe 100 bucks on its own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

Yeah that's what I figured the RW-12 sub isn't worth much at all I believe they were selling new for around $300 several years ago would almost consider that a throw in or maybe 100 bucks on its own.

Agree...

• Like 1