Belles in AZ $1000

grasshopper

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

I think you must be the luckiest person ,  I mean ,  what are the odds -  I remember somebody once on the forum buying a pair of Heresy for 25$  -

I now own a pair of Cornwalls that my friend paid $25 for and sold them to me for $250 with no woofers or grilles. Got grilles and woofer, now adding DaveA's sMAHLs with DE-10's.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Those beat my deal on Epic CF3’s for $100...  I’m jealous (but not too much)....

👌   , you did very good , CF-3 and CF -4 have a HF driver of very high quality -

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I think you must be the luckiest person ,  I mean ,  what are the odds -  I remember somebody once on the forum buying a pair of Heresy for 25$  -

My best deals were:

Chorus I for $50

Heresy II for $100

Tons of other well below market value deals but those two were my best scores. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Youthman was known for finding deals on gear.

There was a page where some people were able to post what they scored for x amount. It seems that someone responded to a LaScala FS ad and got there to discover it was Belle instead. I forget the price, $75??? Something real low. 

I have bought and sold Forte for $200 and the same friend I sold some LaScala to for $400, but they did need some work. 

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I gave my brother a pair of Cornwall with ALK cross over networks and a pair of Walnut Heresy and a CR2040 to drive them. That's not too bad of luck. 

• Like 1

One of the deals I posted in alerts, was a pair of black Khorns at an auction in Tampa.

Member bid 2 or 4 dollars over the $200 starting bid, no reserve. Nabbed them with u-haul trailer from south Florida.

Don't recall a thanks or an invite to hear them.

Oh well, may have been them that went for 2k a few months ago on Craigslist.

Lol... guess I should have bid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I gave my brother a pair of Cornwall with ALK cross over networks and a pair of Walnut Heresy and a CR2040 to drive them. That's not too bad of luck. 

very nice of you ,  that's like a gift from Heaven  , klipsch  Cornwalls with klipsch  Heresies do compliment each other like no other 2 types of speakers can -

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

One of the deals I posted in alerts, was a pair of black Khorns at an auction in Tampa.

Member bid 2 or 4 dollars over the $200 starting bid, no reserve. Nabbed them with u-haul trailer from south Florida.

Don't recall a thanks or an invite to hear them.

Oh well, may have been them that went for 2k a few months ago on Craigslist.

Lol... guess I should have bid.

you should have , I remember last year , there was a pair of La Scala split bass bins , the OP was giving them away , and you were the first to respond  -----somewhat your post or PM didn't reach the guy and pooof gone to someone else ---

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

you should have , I remember last year , there was a pair of La Scala split bass bins , the OP was giving them away , and you were the first to respond  -----somewhat your post or PM didn't reach the guy and pooof gone to someone else ---

I let a new member from Pensacola in ahead of me. He got them. Road Trip... to around Daytona.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

My best deals were:

Chorus I for $50

Heresy II for $100

Tons of other well below market value deals but those two were my best scores. 

My best deal was 4 Belle's for $550.00 total. He wanted $600.00 but said he'd knockoff $50.00 if I took all four. Lucky for me they were listed under the furniture section of Craigslist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have craigslist scammers here in Phoenix who like to post Klipsch and Altec speaker ads with low pricing. To what end, I don't know. A large speaker like a Klipschorn or VOTT is not going to be shipped, so only an in-person deal will work. Are they hoping to meet someone with cash and try to rob them at a home? Really a bad idea, as everyone here carries. In fact, I think it is right in the Arizona constitution that you are required to carry at least 2 guns at all times. 

We also have local speaker owners who post ads with asking prices so high they are 3x or 4x what they would actually sell for. They run the same ads for months or years. It's like showing off their private museum collection. Weird. 

So the scammers might think that their comparatively low asking price would entice someone to come meet them, to listen to the speakers advertised I guess. So the buyer sends them an email or phone number to contact them. Since the speakers don't exist, are they just capturing cell phone numbers or emails of audiophiles? Why? Maybe it's some private thrill of catfishing someone? If a scammer advertised a small item that might be shipped, I could see someone who's not local sending money hoping to get it, but large items make no sense to try to scam someone on. I just don't get the end game with those losers. 

1 hour ago, Gratefully Deadly said:

Why?

simple , they want you to pay for an item that does not exist  ,  through a payment that cannot be traced or refunded  , whether by cash ,  BitCoin , or any other means , and deception is always the end result -

6 hours ago, Gratefully Deadly said:

We have craigslist scammers here in Phoenix who like to post Klipsch and Altec speaker ads with low pricing.

You haven't read about the Monster Receiver Guy? There have been several threads in several forums about Chuck. 

Chuck is not  scammer as much as he is a danger to himself. 

• Like 1