PWK is a genius

babadono

Just had to say it. Over the last few days I have been getting my '80 KHorns back in stock configuration in order to list them for sale. Last night I completed the task. Got them tucked back into really the only two good corners in my basement rec. room. Hooked them up with one of the Crown D75 amps that I modded a while back. Ran cables from my mixing desk across the floor to the amp(not elegant but functional). Hooked speakers up with relatively short cable runs........

MAN-O-MAN do these things sound good...40 year old non modified crossovers and all..

Absolutely no problem being pleased to offer these for sale to a new owner to enjoy....For another 40 years.

THANK YOU PAUL W. KLIPSCH

• Like 12

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Genius yes, what you both of you talked about is 74 years old, he was ahead of his time.

75 years now

3 hours ago, Buddy Shagmore said:

Sometimes an invention is perfect right from the get go. The Klipschorn, Gibson Les Paul, the Victor mouse trap all come to mind. All from someone's genius mind. Very gifted individuals indeed. 

Fixed it for you 😀

Congrats Eric, nice speakers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Buddy Shagmore said:

Sometimes an invention is perfect right from the get go. The Klipschorn, the Fender Stratocaster, the Victor mouse trap all come to mind. All from someone's genius mind. Very gifted individuals indeed. 

That's funny.  Leo Fender was friends with Les Paul, and had access to the research Les was performing in his creation of the world's first electric guitar.  Gibson was waffling and not sure that Les Paul's creation would sell, so Fender came out with the first commercial guitar. 

Even though Fender was having a field day selling these things, Gibson still balked about putting their name on these guitars, so Les said "Put my name on it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Schu said:

what's your plans for the la scalas E?

Toying with the idea to move them back into the family room and get rid of the RF7-IIs. They would not be an easy physical fit, nearly impossible I'd say with the console that houses the RC-64II...we'll see. Since I bought them brand new and have hauled them all over I'm pretty emotionally attached to them. With the plywood exterior cases I built for them they can serve outside duty also for parties etc.....

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:20 AM, dtel said:

Genius yes, what you both of you talked about is 74 years old, he was ahead of his time.

it's amazing ,  how 40-50 -60-70 years ago ,PWK 's  ideas were considered as Heretic and controversial  , Today PWK designs are even better as Technology improves the Original Concept and his Legacy Continues  given @Chief bonehead 's Efforts to take it to the next Level -

• Like 2

Just now, Chief bonehead said:

@RandyH000 @wuzzzer thanks guys. The reality is that What I’m trying to do with Mr K’s heritage is everything he wanted to do....but he just ran out of time. 

You are definitely making Paul's legacy live on, that's admirable. Just curious, do you have a certain person you think might help keep Paul's vision heading in the right direction someday?