Sub Help

RIGGED25

I've never had a sub with 4 RCA jacks, but I think you shouldn't need to put anything into the outputs of the sub. But what you are going to want to do is connect the receiver sub output to the inputs using a spliter. There will be a huge difference vs just hooking it into one of the inputs.

I'm still learning here so bear with

Is there a selector for the Gain?

Does your receiver have two Sub jacks?

One's for LFE the .1 and the other would be for DVD-AUDIO, SACD, EXTERNAL AMPS?

That was my first mistake next was the GAIN selector I put the sub master level about half and full tilt on the GAIN and BINGO!

A belated thanks to TheEar and KAR9.gif

What receiver do you have?

Hope this helps

The current but soon to be replaced receiver a Pioneer Model VSX-D509S. There are two Sub Outs.. One is labeled Pre Out Sub and the other simply Subwoofer. Both are single pre out though. I'm not sure about the gain switch. Hopefully when my new receiver(Yamaha 2090)arrives this week it will put an end to my line out dilemma.

Rigged

Rigged, you want to use the subwoofer out to a Y-adapter that splits it to both the L & R line ins at the sub. iow, best to do that at the sub from one longer rca interconnect cable rather than use 2 long runs from a Y-adapter at the receiver.

this may be trivial, but have you changed any settings in the receiver to tell it you have a sub connected to its subwoofer output?

Sir Boa,

I am indeed using a Y connector to make the connection to the sub(Velodyne Model CT100). The receiver does have a sub on and sub level adjustment which I did tweak. According to the Receiver's manual....it should be hooked up to PreOut Sub instead of Subwoofer input. I wonder why it would have two Subwoofer hook ups to begin with. The one thing I haven't done is test the cable I bought(new)with another component.....DOH...lol.

Rigged

rigged, & hopefully you did tweak that to subwoofer "yes" or "on". 2.gif i'd make sure there's no other setting in the receiver that is turning off or inhibiting the output from the sub pre out. but still could be the receiver's broke.

& i think you just clarified it there. "sub pre out" is an output. "subwoofer" is an input - don't use that for a sub output. remember, you're outputing from the receiver & inputing to the sub. 2.gif

Sir Boa,

Of course I tweaked the receiver to sub on....lol. I also hooked up the sub to Pre Out instead of subwoofer. My question is..why on earth would a receiver have a subwoofer input? Surely there's no hidden speaker of bass in the receiver...lol. Can you explain?

Rigged