Todays Postal Service

joessportster

I found this LIE funny. A fellow forum member sent something out Priority Mail. Thats supposed to be a 2 - 3 day service......................He dropped the package off personally 2 days ago and so far no scan it still states awaiting package......................He goes by the Post Office to inquire and the clerk had the balls to tell him "It left, it will be scanned when it reaches the Destination"

Apparently Covid has affected the Scan Tools................Or perhaps its the post offices way of saving a load of claims to get reimbursed for a product they sold and failed to deliver on

The place is turning in to an absolute Joke on our wallets (Taxes)

• Like 1

Its the same with UPS - FED EX ---the warehouses are full to the brim  , the staff is 50% out due to covid 19 -

-I ordered a package from EBAY  , on the 25th ------seller sent it on the 28th ,  it did not scan till the 2nd of January , processed on the 3rd -----departed on the 4th - and arrived at the depot on the 6th , so now let's see when it will be on the truck for delivery-------but it aint lost -

10 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Its the same with UPS - FED EX ---the warehouses are full to the brim  , the staff is 50% out due to covid 19 -

-I ordered a package from EBAY  , on the 25th ------seller sent it on the 28th ,  it did not scan till the 2nd of January , processed on the 3rd -----departed on the 4th - and arrived at the depot on the 6th , so now let's see when it will be on the truck for delivery-------but it aint lost -

Not the same here where I live. UPS is pretty much on time Fedex has always sucked here, and the USPS is basically a JOKE...................But the Big whopper they told him struck me as Funny

9 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Not the same here where I live. UPS is pretty much on time Fedex has always sucked here, and the USPS is basically a JOKE...................But the Big whopper they told him struck me as Funny

Sounds  like the Person had no knowledge of what scanning=-shipping  means -a newbie I would say

the Post  Office is 500 feet from my house -UPS -Fedex are a 50 miles  round trip -

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I received an Ebay purchase recently.  Seller brought it to the post office on a Monday and it didn't get scanned until Thursday. 

sounds about right for the Holidays ---they are over-loaded -

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Didn't at the end of last year a newly appointed Goverment official disrupt the system by taking out alot of machines and not replace them?

honestly, I don't follow the news much. I'll skim a few sites and only read the articles that sound interesting. I heard they removed some drop boxes and I don't know if these are the old fashioned mailboxes that were on nearly every corner when we were younger. I do know that it's getting harder and harder to find a mailbox -- I have to send a hearing aid to the factory for repair. I have a box; but don't want to go into the post office and stand in line. Hoping I can find an old blue mailbox and just drop it in. (I'm OCD (for reals) and I'm still avoiding people as much as I can. 

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

honestly, I don't follow the news much. I'll skim a few sites and only read the articles that sound interesting. I heard they removed some drop boxes and I don't know if these are the old fashioned mailboxes that were on nearly every corner when we were younger. I do know that it's getting harder and harder to find a mailbox -- I have to send a hearing aid to the factory for repair. I have a box; but don't want to go into the post office and stand in line. Hoping I can find an old blue mailbox and just drop it in. (I'm OCD (for reals) and I'm still avoiding people as much as I can. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/08/17/sorting-equipment-removed-changes-to-election-mail-all-the-postal-service-usps-changes-raising-alarm-louis-dejoy/?sh=183dda8c106f

Sorting Equipment Removed, Postal Police Duties Scaled Back: Here Are All The Postal Service Changes Raising Alarm

• Like 1

My business is getting invoices in the mail that are past due by the time they arrive.  Christmas card sent regular mail that was traveling 8 miles took over 3 weeks.  Priority mail that takes over a week.  Check sent to one of my contractors that lives in an adjoining state took 30 days to arrive.  They are about as efficient as congress..............well, maybe not that bad, but they're trying.  

My Mother in-law is 91 an lives 3 hours away. We have been pleading and begging her not to drive for several years now. We typically get First Class mail in 3 days from her and the same from us to her.

Our nephew (her grandson) has a birthday on the 29th of December. This year my wife made a special trip to the card store to buy a birthday card for for said nephew/grandson. The MIL insists on giving old school cards with cash in them (good for her). The plan was to send a 2-day priority envelope for $8.40 with the $4 card in it to my Mother In-Law to keep her from driving to the store to get a card for the grandson in the busy holiday/covid month of December. Mother in-law and grandson live less than 2 miles from each other. Needless to say the mom/dad of the grandson also live 2 miles from MIL but that is another story. My wife made the effort and I know it was shipped in plenty of time.

I personally did all the leg work to set up the 2-day shipment like I've done a million times on 12/17. Paid the money, printed the label, packed it up and dropped it off at the USPS. It was supposed to get there the 21st of December. I fully expected it to get there late (maybe 27th 28th) given the climate of the USPS over the election and the busy holiday season. I did however, expect it to get there. As far as the USPS is concerned I've shipped it today. Pretty sure if I check back tomorrow that date circled in red will be tomorrows date.

You with me so far? My wife in Maryland bought a card to send via USPS 2-day mail to her mom in PA so the 91 year old grandma could give her grandson a card with cash in it a couple days after Christmas.

Oh the best part is that my wife is up there right now taking her mom to Dr's appointment....so MIL does not have to drive. She could have driven the card up this past Tuesday and gotten a belated b-day card while she was at it.

In Transit, Arriving Late - No S#!t

USPS2-Day.JPG.3fcdbd9508915821f05dae6a27f58861.JPG

Side note, we mailed out about 25 X-mas cards on December 10th. Not one person we have talked to has received them.

Just so’s y’all don’t think it’s restricted to the US... I paid for 2 day package delivery via Canada Post... Calgary to Victoria, buddy was happy to upsell the 2 day delivery. That was Dec15 (yes, my fault for waiting so long). 15 days later, tracking showed it had been scanned, 2 feet from where I gave it to them. I opened a lost item claim. C-post said they had attempted delivery, no answer at house in Victoria and they left a delivery notice. Hmmm, daughter and fiancé are in lockdown in the house and there was no notice. Package showed up 2 days later.

Best part... when I checked the receipt for the tracking information, it said “Service Guarantees suspended”.  Ok, I understand everyone is overloaded and hope the folks at C-post are safe, but why did buddy upsell me on a service that was suspended? I’m the idiot in this case!

I have had two cases now with the same location maybe I need to go to a different one, bigger, more central. Lesson learned.

• Like 1