La Scala - Change of Woofer??

Robbie010

Now that I have gone active with my clone La Scala, overall sensitivity and crossovers are no longer a concern and a world of driver options has opened up to me.

I have already installed Crites CT120 Tweeters, which has given the top end a real boost and clarity.

This has got me thinking..... is there a drop-in 15” woofer driver on the market that will replace the stock K33’s and get me closer to 20Hz without needing physical alterations to the cabs?

43 minutes ago, Robbie010 said:

Now that I have gone active with my clone La Scala, overall sensitivity and crossovers are no longer a concern and a world of driver options has opened up to me.

I have already installed Crites CT120 Tweeters, which has given the top end a real boost and clarity.

This has got me thinking..... is there a drop-in 15” woofer driver on the market that will replace the stock K33’s and get me closer to 20Hz without needing physical alterations to the cabs?

20 Hz is sub territory  for sure----- not even a woofer in a bass reflex cab speaker can go that low  ---------and definitely not in a Scala , it's the anti-bass speaker  , build a Cornwall , you might be more pleased ,

there is the K43  which is used in the LS Industrial , it has more mid bass , and  more power handling

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

20 Hz is sub territory  for sure----- not even a woofer in a bass reflex cab speaker can go that low  ---------and definitely not in a Scala , it's the anti-bass speaker  , build a Cornwall , you might be more pleased ,

there is the K43  which is used in the LS Industrial , it has more mid bass , and  more power handling

Wrong. The La Scala is not the “anti-bass speaker“. And, the K 43 does not go as low as the K 33, so obviously Randy you don’t know what you are talking about, as usual.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Wrong. The La Scala is not the “anti-bass speaker“. And, the K 43 does not go as low as the K 33, so obviously Randy you don’t know what you are talking about, as usual.

always wanted lascalas -- you have some right?  I will get some when I decide to stop moving around. what will be the biggest noticeable change from the Cornwalls?

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I own LS speakers ,  and they need a sub for decent bass

Really Randy? That’s just great. I own more pairs of La Scalas now and have in the past than you can possibly imagine. And I don’t say that  at all to brag, it is simply a fact. Please do not purport to speak for me.

33 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

always wanted lascalas -- you have some right?  I will get some when I decide to stop moving around. what will be the biggest noticeable change from the Cornwalls?

I will be happy to send you a PM. It is too difficult here.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I would expect the same from you ,  as well , I would ask you to stop behaving so rudely  -

Well, I would ask you to stop polluting this forum with bullshit and misinformation.  And honestly, considering the travesty that occurred today in our country, you are very low on the priority list.  I have no more time for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, I would ask you to stop polluting this forum with bullshit and misinformation.  And honestly, considering the travesty that occurred today in our country, you are very low on the priority list

-you have a right to your opinion and so do others , each member on the Klipsch forum is to be respected whether a newbie or not ,  and , all have a right to post an expression -

Klipsch make tons of speakers for a very wide range of customers  , because you can't please everyone -

Politics have no place on this forum   and the same for your bullying  -

• Like 1

I own LS speakers ,  and they need a sub for decent bass

I have to somewhat agree. I think they have decent bass. I played my La Scalas for a few years in different positions and rooms and was completely happy with them. Thrilled, even. Moved by them. Excellent imaging. I love how quick and tight the bass is. Fantastic mids and highs.
Or so I thought...
I tried a little experiment with 2 subs I had on hand and guess what? They are still in use 99.9% of the time with my La Scalas. I never thought they could sound better, but the subs take them to another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, baron167 said:

I have to somewhat agree. I think they have decent bass. I played my La Scalas for a few years in different positions and rooms and was completely happy with them. Thrilled, even. Moved by them. Excellent imaging. I love how quick and tight the bass is. Fantastic mids and highs.
Or so I thought...
I tried a little experiment with 2 subs I had on hand and guess what? They are still in use 99.9% of the time with my La Scalas. I never thought they could sound better, but the subs take them to another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the responses.

Can I ask what subs you are using @baron167?

• Like 1

I dont think LaScalas lack bass It all boils down to what you got powering them. I never tested them with fancy testing stuff but the HK series receivers make them sound awesome. I use to have cornwalls they sound good but cant keep up with the LaScalas in sound I dont think.  I could not find factory  graph for cornwall maybe some one here has it.See the source image