Uma

Hi -

Below is the current setup i have

• Klipsch RP280f for front
  • Klipsch RP504c for center
  • SVS PB-1000
  • Klipsch RP-502s for surround
  • Denon X4700H AVR
  • Unknown brand speakers came installed in my ceiling. currently using them for atmos/auro 3d

My room is 17x20x8 and please see the layout in the attachment.

Questions / need recommendations
1. What's a good position for surround (Pink or Grey triangles are possible positions i can mount)
2. I just got the RP-502s? Will RP-600M be a better bet for the surrounds?
3. Should i look into some external amplifiers for LRC

Movie / music is 70/30. I usually listen in stereo mode for music.

Klipsch 5.1.4.jpg

Welcome Uma, nice system you have there. Is there any chance of placing the sub in the corner? You'll get better performance there.

1. For a 5 channel setup, the pink position would be recommended. Rear mount will work also if side mount isn't practical.

2. I use a bookshelf as a surround speaker in a 5 channel setup, and the RP600m is a terrific speaker. Some will prefer the 502s. Side mount....600m, rear mount.....502s.

3. I don't think you will need an external amp, unless you listen at an extremely loud volume.

Will the surround speakers be wall mounted or on stands? Might help you decide your #2 question.

@Uma,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have a very nice setup.

4 hours ago, Uma said:

1. What's a good position for surround (Pink or Grey triangles are possible positions i can mount)

With your surrounds, it looks like that is the best you can do but maybe move the rear surrounds about a foot each toward the center of the wall.

4 hours ago, Uma said:

2. I just got the RP-502s? Will RP-600M be a better bet for the surrounds?

I think the RP-502s will be just fine.

4 hours ago, Uma said:

My room is 17x20x8 
3. Should i look into some external amplifiers for LRC

Though I am a huge proponent for external amplification, I think your Denon is plenty for your 2700ft3 room.

Bill

@Ceptorman @willland Thanks for your feedback. 

Is there any chance of placing the sub in the corner? You'll get better performance there.

Hmm, are you referring to top right corner? the only corner that i can place is the bottom right corner next to sofa. Would you recommend that? I am also thinking of going dual subs. One below the center speaker and the other in bottom right corner. 

Will the surround speakers be wall mounted or on stands? Might help you decide your #2 question.

The surround speaker will be wall mounted. I don't have space around the sofa for a stand.