Received cash in the mail. Weird

Pete H

Over the past few months, my business has received multiple envelopes, properly addressed to the business, with no return address, no note of any kind, and 2 $20's in the envelope each time.  Weird is an understatement.  It's all within Ohio, and post marked in Columbus.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  I did some general searches and couldn't find anything. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Over the past few months, my business has received multiple envelopes, properly addressed to the business, with no return address, no note of any kind, and 2 $20's in the envelope each time.  Weird is an understatement.  It's all within Ohio, and post marked in Columbus.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  I did some general searches and couldn't find anything. 

You been hanging out drunk in rest stop parking lots again?

• Haha 1

Does it smell like perfume?

Maybe 10 years ago, my wife received a blank envelope with $500 cash in it.  Postmark was Charleston, South Carolina.  I think there was a piece of paper in there with "Happy Birthday" or something like that.

Inconclusive but she's 99% sure it came from her ex, prior to meeting me and felt it might have been a gesture to somehow re-establish contact from there.

Evidently he's got no clue how much animosity she (still to this day) holds against him.....  so she just merrily took it to the bank and deposited it.

What kind of moron sends $500 cash through the mail?

I go to Vanderbilt Medical and agreed to participate in some kind of study they were doing on my medications (I don't have any third eyeballs in my forehead but perhaps we have an excuse for my otherwise childish antics here??)

Anyway, for my efforts of going through their questions once a quarter, they send me a $20 bill (cash) in the mail in an otherwise unmarked envelope.

41 minutes ago, LTusler said:

Counterfeit?

Nope

36 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Very weird. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling. More so than regular cash anyway. 

Absolutely

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You been hanging out drunk in rest stop parking lots again?

I can't remember.  LOL

I got an envelope addressed to Keyser Resident (town I live in) from a quasi-government agency. It asks me to be involved in a mental health survey and tacked to the letter is a $2 bill. More money is promised should I elect to finish an online survey. And even more if I'm selected for more questions. It is legitimate and connected to the U.S. dept. of Health and Human services. Kinda strange and I've not decided to participate or not. Novel approach though.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Thanks for voting for.........????

Maybe someone doing a small part to help boost business during covid?

I had a guy come around a corner while I was at Walmart several years ago, hand me a 20 and then disappeared.  Like, as soon as I realized what happened he was just gone.  So weird. 

Considering the battle my wife and I are having regarding with our old apartment complex it'd be nice to run into a few dozen of those guys. 

I had a home builder try to change the terms of an agreement and send the change with a $2 bill with some cute excuse.  What they were actually trying to do was provide legal consideration so that nobody could object to the change in the agreement. 

Are you dealing with anyone that can try to claim the benefit of this? 

8 hours ago, Pete H said:

maybe you helped somebody  , in the past , whether for a house , a repair etc -----and they had no money , and now they are slowly slowly repaying you back with what they can afford --

• Like 1