Received cash in the mail. Weird

Pete H

Here you go.,  Just trying to help.  😈

Since the IRS considers any 1099 payment as taxable income, you are required to report your 1099 payment on your tax return. For example, if you earned less than $600 as an independent contractor, the payer does not have to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still have to report the amount as self-employment income.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Here you go.,  Just trying to help.  😈

Since the IRS considers any 1099 payment as taxable income, you are required to report your 1099 payment on your tax return. For example, if you earned less than $600 as an independent contractor, the payer does not have to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still have to report the amount as self-employment income.

LOL

I think it's a gift, not taxable to the recipient. Donor pays the gift tax, but only if in excess of, 15K now? 30K for married couple? 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, Coytee said:

C'mon man.... tell us what you're going to do with them!!!

Add it to my granddaughters investment account.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:35 PM, sunburnwilly said:

Could an employee or somebody steal from your business ? Perhaps a case of guilt and or regret .

The fact that it's always 2 20's is very strange and I don't even do business or have any recent employees that are from that area.  Who knows.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:44 PM, RandyH000 said:

maybe you helped somebody  , in the past , whether for a house , a repair etc -----and they had no money , and now they are slowly slowly repaying you back with what they can afford --

Just don't have a clue.  There's some story behind it, just don't know what it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pete H said:

Just don't have a clue.  There's some story behind it, just don't know what it is. 

in our part of the Northern Country , that's how the Olden Folks used to pay back a Debt Honorably ,or send Money to a Family Member in need every Month  -

--plus as you know , sending cash by Regular Mail  , means the person is of an older Generation  -

6 hours ago, Pete H said:

If it was someone paying back a debt, I would imagine they would use regular stamps, versus having a postage machine.  @BigStewMan I would mail it back, but you said you wanted to move and I don't want it getting lost.  I'll give it back to you at NAG

PB meter?  I wonder if you can trace it back that way?