For Sale KHorns '80 KBWO $3k - SOLD

babadono

Like title says these are sold. @driverdog was looking and I was close to selling. When I posted I would be selling he bought.

Posting for posterity and @wvu80 's spreadsheet.

And like I told the buyer I don't know what the gray splotches that show in pictures are. Poor lighting? Bad camera? They are NOT on the speakers

P1010903.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010901.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010899.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1010897.jpg

P1010904.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to chime in since yesterday. I was the lucky buyer of Babadono's KHorns. Sorry it took so long, but I spent all last night, then got up early this morning to listen to music on my new '80 Klipschorns! So I have a good excuse, lol! Listened to Rock, Folk, Pop, Opera, Classical, Gospel, Metal, Standards, Soundtracks, Hip Hop, Jazz, Blues, Techno, Salsa, movie scores, probably even some Polka and Weird Al in there, too and some wild music with a lot of bass and cussing that the young people seem to enjoy! I couldn't stop listening to music! So nice to hear my favorites again. These speakers do everything well. Incredible range. So effortless on the highs, the lows and the midrange. I've had a lot of Klipsch speakers, but to me these are the total package (not that I didn't love almost all the others). It was just sheer joy, lol. I had them connected to a McIntosh MC2255 amp and was listening to streamed music, mostly at 24-bit/192kHz. Smooth, detailed, beautiful. Next weekend, I am looking forward to trying them with a Fisher 400 tube receiver and noting the differences. I had Klipschorns once, and was forced to sell them. So this was a wonderful homecoming for me. 

The KHorns were in incredible shape! No brown spots from the photos, they were immaculate. One nick which we had talked about, but that should be an easy fix. Frankly, they were 40 years old but looked like new. That's amazing.

But I have to say, meeting Babadono and his wife was a real pleasure. They couldn't have been nicer. And Babadono - you're doing an awesome job on the driveway! I was able to drive around the house in a rental van all the way to the basement on the new driveway. Great work there. Much more epic than what I imagined, great driveway and stone work! If I didn't come to pick up the KHorns (and couldn't wait to get them home and hooked up), I would have loved to have spent the day in Babadono's musical basement. It was a thing of dreams. Big beautiful Klipsch speakers in a spacious room. Thank you so much for letting me listen to some music while I was there, it was pretty thrilling to see and hear some Jubilees up close, which almost distracted me from my KHorns, lol. All in all, a great day with some great people and great speakers. I am very grateful!

Okay, back to my KHorns. I'm busy folks! Need to go listen to some more music!

Edited by driverdog
  • Like 2