Opinions and help with Klipsch

EavDave

First post... 

Trying to build a home theater and not break the bank. Here’s what I’m thinking, looking for opinions:

receiver -

either a denon avr-s750h, avr-x1600 or avr-a960h OR Yamaha Rx-v680 or Rx-v6a (the denon 960 gets me 8k if I ever go there)

rear speakers

either the denon home 150 or Yamaha musicast 20 (I can’t wire rear speakers)

front 

pair of klipsch r51-m or kef q150

Maybe something for atmos later. I have a coffered ceilings, so I’m not sure upfiring would work well. I’d have to mount on the wall. It’d be the klipsch r 41sa or kef q 50a

center

klipsch r34c or kef t101c

i have a fireplace below the tv, the mantel shelf is 7”. Those are the only 2 centers I can find that’ll fit. 

sub 

klipsch r-100sw or r-120 if it’s still on sale or kef kube 8b

tv is a Sony xbr-950h

I really want to buy Klipsch, but the problem I’m having is that nobody answers the phone. That concerns me if I need service or help. 

• Like 1

If you like the lively sound going to a movie theater offers, go with Klipsch.  They are also some of the most efficient speakers made so your receiver won't have to work as hard to produce high and dynamic volume. 

Denon and Yamaha both match well with Klipsch.  Best thing to do is get a receiver that you'll be happy with for at least 3-5 years so make sure it has the features you want now and possibly down the road (like the 8k you mentioned).

Klipsch has great customer service.  Like all businesses, covid has taken its toll.  Once everything gets back to 'normal' things will get better. 

This forum will provide you with a lot of help should you have any questions. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
53 minutes ago, Ronald Marshall said:

I completely share your opinion. I have been using Klipsch for several months now and cannot imagine a better option for myself.

Wow, where did all that stuff about alcohol and getting vaccinated come from??  I never posted that.  🤔

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ronald Marshall said:

I completely share your opinion. I have been using Klipsch for several months now and cannot imagine a better option for myself.

I am a bit of an idiot however, I go around and put links in other people's quotes because I think I'm smart. The links are to essays for sale, so you can cheat in college. They are written by people like me so don't expect very much. If you ever do need an essay, certainly don't by one from the crappy company I shill for.

Thank you for your very cool advice.