Cannabis at Bargain Prices

Jeff Matthews

On 1/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

How is it possible to invest in a commodity that's illegal at the federal level?

As far as I'm concerned, CBD is for the birds. I've bought their overpriced over-hyped pain killing creams... they were all BS;  I've bought their smokeable herbs/buds... and again, BS; I've also tried the so called Delta 8 vape and it was crap that made my lungs feel like I'd sucked down a rock. As for CBD, I'm with Nancy.... Just Say No.

The only buds that really work are illegal in Texas, so I'm left with Mr Macallan's 12 or 18, in sheery oak variety. Guaranteed ,works every time. Or for those mellow days, a little Chivas Royal Salute is great for when you're feeling blended.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, MicroMara said:

As I said, I live only one hour's drive from the Dutch border. And the borders within the European Union are no longer controlled for almost 2 decades.

Ackerfläche in Usingen: Polizei erntet säckeweise Cannabis | hessenschau.de  | Panorama

Hmmm, here in the states we're going on 2 years with no border control.... but still can't cross the hierba buena. Only MS13  gang members and terrorist are allowed, with the occassional latino looking for honest work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

The only buds that really work are illegal in Texas,

That's the point - all the "other stuff" are work arounds for the fact that what is desired is real, natural grown cannabis  - not "Delta 8" or or half baked formulas that work around laws, but REAL cannabis derived from provable genetics and suppliers where you KNOW just exactly what is in it.

There are THREE essential "categories":

1) THC (the base "intoxicant" side of cannabis)

2) CBD (the base "medicinal" side of cannabis)

3) Terpenes (The HUGE aspect of all this that the black market has obscured that makes ALL of the difference when it comes to "directed use cannabis" - IOW, you are using it for a specific desired physical/medicinal purpose)

Just the topic of terpenes alone is an essay by itself, but the terpenes in a given cannabis sample have more to do with the effects of that cannabis than do any other aspect of it. The varying combos of terpenes are as varied in result as a color sample palette in a paint section of a hardware store. There's THAT many possibilities! There's cannabis that is more energetic and allows an arthritic to function in a physical job that much more normally, there are types that are much more sedate and provide rest to chronic pain and disease sufferers. There's a range of possibilities. Not all cannabis has you sitting in the couch munching out, far from it (a number of sativa types in general are the opposite).

Regarding CBD - unless you were provided a CDB cannabis sample through a dispensary or medical facility, chances are it's not an accurate or proper sample to really know if CDB is right for a given situation or not. An example is the Rick Simpson line of cannabis oils, who is the grower who created "Charlotte's Web", a specific strain for childhood seizures that shook the medical profession and dented the restrictions on cannabis in places where it is strictly prohibited otherwise, because the result of places like Iowa and other midwestern states watching their families move to Colorado to get access some 10 years ago finally got heard and noticed and laws started to change.  This is a very specific genetic plant that's sold in medical states where specific outcomes are desired. You won't see that at a local thrift or vitamin shop, anywhere but a real cannabis dispensary licensed by a state, for all practical purposes.....

They DON'T always work for everyone, but as I always remind those looking for medical benefit that it's not all created equal, and if not directed properly the wrong results are oft obtained. But the other side of it is that if a "trial" does fail it comes with a MUCH less forceful footprint than a lot of other prescription medications that might hit too hard for what is needed or involve too much risk (opiates in particular). So in states that have REAL medical cannabis preparations available, they are worthy of investigation. In states that don't, the "workarounds" are rarely any good (because they are just "legal workaround products).

Even in legal states you see "Delta 8/CDB" sold in all these places and that stuff is pretty much bogus. If not from a dispensary where the contents are known and tested for it's not of any real value in the end, because "cannabis just isn't 'cannabis' " - there's a bit more to it than that, and those details do tend to get lost in a sea of noise and confusion on the topic. It IS difficult to investigate in states where good medical dispensary product is not legal or not available.

• Like 3

The good stuff would kill a headache as fast as a one hit was finished. The brushed aluminum one filled with crushed ice.

Put Excedrin to shame! Late 80s were the last for me. White chip 12-26-89, after that more than $50/oz for sense, no.

Not sure about cbd, but I remember thc.

fit

my very own acronym

• Like 2

I had some CBD cream that had no measurable THC. It worked great for pain and stiffness in my hands. A little pricey, but I couldn't use anything with THC as we have random drug tests where I work. I would lose my job.

Last summer I started taking a product derived from plant stem cells. No more pain in my hands, and a few other benefits.The cost has been about the same a the CBD products.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, Marvel said:

I had some CBD cream that had no measurable THC. It worked great for pain and stiffness in my hands. A little pricey, but I couldn't use anything with THC as we have random drug tests where I work. I would lose my job.

Last summer I started taking a product derived from plant stem cells. No more pain in my hands, and a few other benefits.The cost has been about the same a the CBD products.

It would be nice for the pain in my hands if you had a name for that stem cell product.

JJK

While weed is still illegal in Georgia it seems the Hemp producers are making huge headway with all that has been mentioned here, Delta-8 gummies and sprayed hemp buds.  But now they are starting to sell the Delta-9 and Delta-10 gummies.  Not sure how they get away with 10Gram Delta-9s in Georgia.  but they are doing it.  I see them at the gas station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, BigStewMan said:

is there a such thing as a short drive in a midwest winter?  I hate driving in the snow. spent five years living in michigan; but never became comfortable driving in that weather. 

Just imagine being in a band doing a cross-Canada tour in the winter, especially in a van with marginal heating..

• Like 2

I've just spent an hour plus looking for a pic I took of my youngest daughter and her high school bestie.  They were both in about 7th grade and HAD to see Afroman when he was playing fairly close. So here's my kid wanting to meet him and I'm going whaaaa?  Dad pulled it off like a champ.  We were in the limo waiting to pick him up at the airport thanks to a friend.  I never told them what was going on,  They just thought it was cool to ride in a limo to the airport.  They flipped when he crawled in and had a great time.  Joe had a couple beers but never lit a thing up so I have to respect him for that.  He had them up on stage sitting and the crowd was lovin it.  Just hilarious seeing that vid so I sent it to her in Phoenix and asked her to send me the pic so we'll see.  lol  :)

• Like 1