Wireless 2.1 for Living Room

silvrhand

I need a recommendation for a wireless 2.1 setup, needs to be wireless and I do not want to mount a soundbar between the fireplace and TV, it would look bad.

- tv mounted above fireplace, no real room for a sound bar.

- fireplace is covered in expensive difficult to find porcelain tile, so I do not want to break/drill into it.

- shelves on each side, so good for bookshelf speaker

- wireless sub

- big room with high ceilings that aren't accessible for speakers above the room.

I just want 2.1 for better sound than my TV, I'm currently using a Samsung 75" Q90.

Anyone have suggestions, I would really love to use WISA, but from my understanding that doesn't work with a Samsung TV, and I really like their TVs and single remote.

Edited by silvrhand

Would any of Klipsch's powered bookshelf speakers work?  The powered bookshelf speakers Klipsch currently makes are the R-41PM, R-51PM and The Fives.  They all have bluetooth and can also be connected by optical digital and/or hdmi cables depending on the model. 

34 minutes ago, silvrhand said:

I need a recommendation for a wireless 2.1 setup, needs to be wireless and I do not want to mount a soundbar between the fireplace and TV, it would look bad.

Hi

I am somewhat new to stereo/home theater stuff too, but this is what I have been learning so far:

I ultimately just want a two channel for music, and myself, I was trying to find a way to use it in conjunction with my TV, but not use an AVR or processor. I also didn't want to run a lot of cables here and there. I enjoy a good movie and don't want to use a sound bar. You can do better than a sound bar. But still, some people like them.

I have been getting into the idea of using WISA. A new wireless technology with apparently very good time lag response. Check it out. Type WISA compatible speakers and you will see several companies, including Klipsch, and a really nice High End company, Buchardt Audio.

You still have to plug the speakers into an outlet but no AVR, no amp (because the speakers are self powering). Many of the speakers come with, or have to purchase a device that connects them wirelessly to each other and to the TV. Many of these companies also have subs. So you could actually have a 5.1 system and your 2.1 you can devote to music listening! That's where I am headed I think.

The Buchardt Audio are a thousand light years ahead of the game, even thought the other companies have been around longer, but the technology behind this companies gear is next world.

Oh, BTW: If you own a LG TV no later than 2019, and of a certain model, you won't need to purchase the separate device that links all your speakers up to the TV because LG has a contract with WISA products.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:44 PM, Mars1 said:

Oh, BTW: If you own a LG TV no later than 2019, and of a certain model, you won't need to purchase the separate device that links all your speakers up to the TV because LG has a contract with WISA products.

is that why WISA will not work with any other TV but LG?

• Like 1